Grief Healing Discussion Groups

43 Years Ago

It's a warm sunny day here today - a clear day, just like it was 43 years ago when Jean and I got married.

Although she has been gone for just over 29 months - I think of the words to the old song

My Happiness

"A million years it seems,have gone by since we shared our dreams;

But, I'll hold you again, there'll be no blue memories then."

I sure miss you Jeannie - I hope you like your red carnations!

Walt,

I don't have a sound card so I can't listen to it, but I loved the words...I've never heard that song. Jeannie was lucky to have someone so in love and devoted as you. I know you'll be glad when at last you can be together again. It'll happen, dear Walt.

I remember that song, Walt ~ I remember my mother singing that song when I was little. I have not thought of that song again until I read your post just now, and it brings me to tears. If today is your wedding anniversary, know that we all are raising our glasses to you and your precious Jeannie tonight ~ and thanks for the memories, dearest one. :wub:

Walt

That was such a beautiful song. I never met you but I have read so many of your posts and I can feel the love you have for wife. I wish none of us had to go through this but together we will try. This is the most beautiful family to walk this oh so lonesome journey with. Welcome back. I know what a hard day it has been for you. Thank you for sharing that.

Suzanne

Walt,

Thank you for sharing that song, it is beautiful! Happy anniversary. My thoughts are with you. I know how you are feeling. Yesterday was the five month anniversary of them finding John and today is Jimmy's birthday. It has been difficult but today I did not stay home I went to the hospital with a friend who is a breast cancer survivor because she had to go for her mamogram and was afraid. Everything turned out OK and it did help me not being home alone with my thoughts.

Wishing you peace,

Corinne

Walt Here to it is a beautiful day. I have also just had my first anniversay without Bruce ours was Sept 18th we would have been married 31 years. I think that has been the hardest day yet. Bruce passed away 8 months today I still have a hard time believing that he is gone. I never thought that this would happen so soon for us he was only 53 when he died.i thought that we had years but I guess that I was wrong. Gail