Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Why Is There No Place For Aunts And Uncles

STARKISS

Hi All,

So of my most loved people are my dear aunts and uncles who have died...Why do we have a spot for everyone else but them... After all they are important to people as well as our own mom and dad.... So if possible could we have an area to pay tribute to them too... Take care Shelley

Maybe because we haven't had alot of writings about aunts and uncles. I think they are just important . i never knew any of mine, my mom was a only child and my dads family i never meet. it is sad to think that i have family i don't know. I am glad that you have wonderful aunts and uncles in your life and i hope i am important to my nieces and nephews. Lori

Thanks Lorikelly,

I am sure eventhough you do not know your dad's side of the family, out there somewhere you have aunts and uncles who might be loving too.. I hope you do not take this the wrong way it is just that I am trying to make it come out in a way that is good... Take care Shelley

Hi Shelley,

I appreciate your suggestion and I will give it some careful thought. Expanding the number of forums on our site is always an option, but I don’t want to create so many places that people’s posts get “lost” or go unread, and it becomes impossible for any given member to participate in all of them. I think there is real value in each member participating in as many different forums as possible, and I certainly don’t want any member to feel as if he or she does not “belong” in any particular forum. See, for example,

Have I Done Something Wrong?

In the meantime, if a particular forum does not seem to “fit” a particular type of loss (such as the death of your beloved aunt or uncle) I would hope that you would feel comfortable posting in one of our more generic forums, such as Behaviors in Bereavement, General Grief & Loss, and /or Honoring the Dead.

Shelley,

I lost an uncle that I loved dearly. I have mentioned this on other forums on this site. I personally think if there are too many forums, it gets confusing, but that's just me! So if you want to talk about your aunts and uncles, go ahead (general grief, for instance).

Hugs,

Shell

Hi All,

Could it not be mentioned in one that is all ready set up... For example the spouse, partner and change the last part of that and add aunt or uncle to that one... Than it would not be too many and others like myself would feel like they have a spot too... I rather not put it in general grief or behaviors because that is okay for friends and neighbors but they are family... Add it could be added to siblings and twins the title cousins as well... Than you see everyone would be happy... Take care Shelley