Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Gentle, Sad, Fragile And Quiet Feeling

William

We just care for you and want to keep reminding you. Now, I too have to remember to take my blood pressure medicine. I just carry the bottle around until it is time every morning. Fortunately it is helping except when I get myself so upset. My bad. Myrna passing is the same day as Will's. That's makes me feel a "kinship" to you in some way. Old southern word.

Love to all

Suzanne

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before Jack died, he remembered to take his medicine (11 or so pills a day) but I always was there to make sure, look up online what they were, and one time I found one that was discontinued because it was a health-threatening medicine and was taken off the market. We have to be proactive about our health, as nuch as we can. I guess I believe in lists, lists upon lists, change them on the cupboards, doors, enlarge them, etc. I have my pill list, too.

People have talked about hummingbirds and the meanings they seem to convey after the death of loved ones. I found this comment by Ted Andrews, author of Nature Speak. "A hummingbird...take a break! If you've ever observed a pair of the world's smallest birds up close, you might have noticed how they chase each other from flower to flower, sipping nectar. Hummingbirds teach us to have fun and savor life's sweetness. Seeing one means you've been pushing too hard, to recharge with some R&R."

It's a thought, my friends.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Suzanne,

Until tonite I now know you share the same day, does bring a connection to us, at the same time we are in the same process of grief right?

Karen, my wife somewhat got on me, I take 25 pills a day for a multitude of problems, in a way, I always felt and told Myrna this that I pass before you, well it wasn't to be so, I always felt if she would've lost me, she could go back home; she had so much going for her, it put me to shame..Ugh I feel so sad right now...

William,

Please do not be so hard on yourself. Sad to say we cannot decide who is to go and who is to stay, it is in God's hands and He knows best. From what I have read in your posts your Myrna loved you for who you were and what you were with all your little problems. I believe Myrna would not want you to be so hard on yourself so in saying that put a smile on your face for a moment for your Myrna. :)

Hugs and prayers,

Corinne

P.S.

Don't forget to take your meds today!