Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mourning "sacrifices"

Erica,

When Jimmy was alive we too were very involved with our church. When he died I gave up on church and God and turned to alcohol. It was the worst thing I ever did. That was when I met John. John had no relationship with God, alcohol and gambling were his God and in February my daughters and I lost him. I am now finding my way back to God and realizing He was there waiting for me the whole time. It is OK if you do not feel like raising or clapping your hands in church right now, you are going through a lot. It will come in time. Continue to go to church and know that God is with you even though it does not feel like it right now. In Heb. 13:5 He says "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Hugs and prayers,

Corinne

I agree with Corrine. It was a year and a half before I even looked for a church home. I found one through the ladies I exercise with so I knew someone there. I am not comfortable being as demonstrative as others are, but I love the message and find comfort with the wonderful ladies through a women's group I joined. Just wait for the time to be right for you, it's different for everyone. I just pray that my head, my heart, and my hands will try to do good things and that I try to live with integrity. Hang in there, Erica, it'll come when it's time.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

I STILL have a hard time going to church and I went all my life "before"! I've changed, my perspective has changed...I balk when people try to control me, I have a hard time with those who aren't genuine and who pretend to care about you but were never there when you needed them. I still go now and then but refuse to let them get their talons into me. I also have a hard time because of the memories...George and I were so much a part of that church. I'm in a small town with few choices and I feel most of them wouldn't be any different. Plus my life isn't conducive to spending a lot of time on anything right now, I have my job, commute, my animals, and my long-distance marriage...it makes it hard. I feel people should do whatever is positive and brings them healing inside, whether it be attending church or taking a break from it...

I had a hard time with church for awhile. i thought i would feel better going but i felt horrible. it took a long time but i finally feel ok with going. i also did not listen to any music for at least 8 mos . i could not stand it on, still some songs i have to change the radio. i also had a hard time going places, i was suffering from anxiety attacks. thank God they had gone away. Lori