Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Happy News Why Am I So Sad

Hello everyone it has been a a week or so soon I have posted. Our oldest son was over the other and told me that I am going to be a grandmother for the first time in the spring. This makes me so happy they have been trying to have a baby for year and a half. But on the other hand it also makes me sad that Bruce will not be here to see his first grandchild that was something that he was so looking forward to being a grandpa. This is so unfair , i miss him so much that it hurts. Sometimes I just don't think that I can do this anymore and then I get this wonderful news so this have to be a sign from Bruce telling me all is going to be OK. Thanks for being here to listening and helping me. Gail

Congratulation, Granda! It does feet bittersweet, doesn't it? It's a wonderful, happy sign from Bruce that everything will be fine. I have two grandchildren and just so much love them and am very proud of them. You're going to be a special grandma to them, enjoy. Again, congratulations.

YOur friend, Karen :wub:;)

Gail,

It is good to hear from you again. I always wonder how people are doing when I don't hear from them for a while.

I understand your feelings in not having your husband here to share in this wonderful news. Try to enjoy this new event and be very happy for your kids! I don't think Bruce is missing it, somehow I picture them aware of what's going on, at least all of the happy things...the negative things I think they are somehow insulated from or better able to cope with them because they have a greater awareness, a bigger picture of what is going on and perspective on life.

Congratulations, Grandma!

George and I were grandparents (by his daughter) and I feel I somehow missed out on that with his death...like it was granted me and then taken away. They send pictures sometimes, but it's not the same since my link to the child is now removed. :( John's daughter doesn't want anything to do with me so I'll have to wait for my kids to produce me grandchildren...right now I have to be satisfied with my granddog.

We are happy for your bit of news!

Karen and Kay Thanks for the reply. Yes it is g GREAT NEWS. I am so happy for Mike and our daughter-in-law Melanie. I think that you are both right that Bruce is up there saying way to go there Mike and I'm so proud of you. Being a grandma is going to help make all the this that have gone on this last few a little easier to deal with. Just a little note I'm going to spoil this baby rotten Gail

Hey, I even spoil my granddog! I think my kids are afraid of what I'd do if they had kids! :P

Thanks guy's for the words they do help. Just sitting here having a little cry. Tell Bruce how happy I am that there is a granbaby on the way. Just wish that he was here to enjoy this good news he was such a great dad. Mike,John.and Christina had a great man for a dad and he loved them so much . He and I raised wonderful kids so with that said they will make owsome parents too. Gail

Kay Grandog's most diffently count I have two my daughter has the sister of my dog Madison and my oldest son has their dog Chevy. They are also spoiled so can you see how spoiled it will be when it's a real baby OMG. I believe that Bruce is up there just smiling and say Gail we are going to be grandparents it's about time. Thanks guy's Gail