Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Please My Friends Say A Prayer For My Mother

Hey there my friends. Well I just got back from visiting with my Mom, when I walked in she was sitting up doing a crossword puzzle ! Yeah ! She is still on Oxygen and gets winded very easily and we still do not have the results. Yes she does have Lupus, but is this all from the Lupus or is there also Lymphoma? They are sending her by ambulance on Friday to another nearby Hospital for a PET SCAN, it is almost like, but safer than a full body scan where they inject a die that goes to all your vital organs and they look like they glow and you can see everything going on. When we will have the results from that...who knows ! I know all your prayers has helped her and you have no idea how much I appreciate that and value you all as my good friends. I hope soon my Mom will be home and better and I can get back to dealing with my grief from losing Steve as this is keeping me occupied but not in a positive way. It is so strange how the littlest things can set you off. I was driving home from the Hospital, and as I was sitting at a light, I had my car window open and I could hear the crckets and the cicada's and peeper frogs in the distance and I started to cry thinking how lovely it sounded and that Steve was not there to be with me at that moment. When did I go from a vibrant 40 something woman with everything she wanted to a lonely old widow , cause that is exactly how I feel now. Just in the 7 months since he has been gone I feel like I aged many years. Does anyone else like that? ANd gosh it is so lonely and quiet in this house not to have him to talk to and joke around with. Can you tell I feel alittle weepy tonight? LOL

Love,

Wendy :wub:

OMG, do I know what you're feeling! I love your Mom's tear when she knew something good was coming her way! You're a wonderful daughter! She's lucky to have you and you know she knows it. Those spur of the moments just come and go, don't they? I have many and I'm into this "thing" about two years now. They will always be there for us....bless their souls. You take care, my friend, watch your health, too, and get some peace.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Hi Wendy!

I am so glad your Mom is feeling a bit better. It probably felt so good for her to be able to sit up even though it was tiring. I know exactly what you mean about the littlest things. Just watching the leaves start to turn and the fall coming set me off because both Jimmy and John loved this time of year. I also know what you mean when you say sometimes you feel like the forty something old widow, I am right there with you. ;) Things will get better for us! Just please make sure you are eating and taking care of you while your Mom is sick. You are both in my prayers!

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

Wendy,

I think I posted awhile back about my age seems 15 years beyond 40, I know the feeling to a "T" I am glad they got your mom stabilized and looking further into the problem, My friends here kept me in line, such a wonder place it is!

William, I see they kept you in line for me...I am so glad cause they knew I'd kick your butt ! LOL How are you feeling my friend, I think yesterday was your 7 months? And I know Suzaane is right at that point too I believe. My Steve's 7 months is Sunday. Gosh you guys 7 months, is that possible? Why do I feel that it has been years though since I have seen him?

Love,

P.S.

William did you take your meds ? Hey wait...I didn't take mine !

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and keeping William in line with his meds. I am very tired now as it is tough trying to work fulltime and visit my Mom and take care of a house and 6 little puppies ! So I will sign off now and say "Good nite John Boy"

Love,

Edited by WendyJ

I nearly forgot but took them at 2:30 WHEW! Wendy, to me it seems like it was a dream that I was married, seems forever for me too, it was ok yesterday, I managed the best I could. Today was bad though, had a flat on my truck and I was

driving several miles before I realized it was a chunk of rubber, Thats not normal for me, usually I notice things amiss quickly but now I am so zoned out, I think LITERALLY a part of me died with my wife, definitely not the same anymore, I lost my mind to the loss...

William

Wendy,

Steve may not be with you in a way you can see him but who knows, maybe he hears those crickets and frogs as well? I'm glad your mom is doing better!