Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Maybe Some Help From My Friends...

karenb

I know this is not life threatening but it's certainly a huge part of my life. My son has schitzophrenia (sp?) and I've fought for him since he was 14...he's now 42. William, as you know, these fights are continual, sometimes just to survive. My Danny does fine now, new job coming up, has his own apartment, I bring him food once a month, but in the past some "bad" people got ahold of him, he lost his apartment and everything in it. They were drug people and they tend to prey on people like Danny. Well, I emptied out his apartment, threw everything away, including the needles they hid everywhere. He stayed with me until, working with his case worker, I found him another place, away from the area he was in. He's is doing fine, but it's very hard for him to keep everything clean so my other children are pitching in for "Merry Maids" to come in once a month. Now he has an apartment inspection, in order to stay on this program he's in and I didn't know about it, on Monday and he says he's trying to get it clean. I know it sounds so little, compared to all we've gone through, but I would just like a little prayer that my Danny can pass this inspection! I can't get up there right now (it's a ways away) to help him clean. I know it sounds silly, but I sure could use your prayers. Thank you for whatever you can do.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Karen,

My prayers are with yours that your son passes his inspection. As Marty said you are a wonderful Mom and a wonderful person.

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

William,

Take your meds.

Karen,

My thoughts are with you and your son. And please don't say it's silly. Any problem in your life is not silly, especially when it is combined with grieving. That's one of the great things I've found about this site, that we can talk about anything that's bothering us. We've all discussed things that maybe weren't directly related to grief, so feel free to share any problem you're having. Good luck to both of you!

Hugs,

Shell

You have no idea now much I thank you for your prayers for my son.....HE PASSED HIS APARTMENT INSPECTION! I know it sounds like a little thing, but when you have schizophrenia and your attention time is limited, these things are very hard.....and if I had to try and find another place for him to live, it wouldn't be easy. It's important for him to be in the area he is now because of his association with doctors, case workers, etc. and so he can't live with me. I just thank you so much for your prayers. Love you all!

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Karen,

I am so happy for you and your son. I have been praying for you all day and waiting to hear that he passed. Thank you God for our prayers being answered.

Now you can relax for a moment. :D (like mothers ever do).

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

William,

Take your meds or Wendy's coming for you!

Hugs & prayer,

Corinne

Dear Karen -

Since I'm relatively new here, I'm still getting to know everyone. But I think you deserve such applause - kudos - congratulations - and a big hug, too! You have your plate full with some heartwrenching situations in life and are handling them so well - as it sounds Danny is, too!

Of course, prayers from all us and

Only Child, too!