Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Another Weekend

Well we are almost done another weekend. I am finding today a very long and loney day. Sunday was the day that Bruce and I spend together. We would get up and he would go and get the chores done, then we would sit and have our coffee together and get ready for church. Come home pickup Madison our golden retriever and take her for a car ride we would go to Tim Hortons us for our coffee and her for her timbits. Today I just cann't seem to get myself going. I miss him sooo much I know that it is 8 1/2 months since he is gone but it seems that I take one step forward and 5 back. I don't even have the energy to go and put flowers at his grave today what is wrong with me. Thanks for listening. Gail

Gail

I know just how you feel. Weekends are so terribly lonely and long now. They were the highlight of our week. Two days together, whatever we were doing was wonderful, just to be able to do it together. I, like you, miss him so much. I sat this afternoon looking at photos of us and remembering how much fun we had. So many beautiful memories. Guess we just have to hold on to those. The only good thing about my weekends now is I can be myself. No pretending to those at work that everything is okay when in reality it probably never will be. Gives me a break to regroup. It is so hard to put on that happy face Mon-Fri. I as well go forward, then backwards. We just need to take a deep breath and try again I suppose. Tommorrow is another day and maybe it will be better. Got to keep hanging on to that.

Suzanne

Me, too, you guys......and it's pouring rain as well. It's going to a long winter, I feel. I retired a little early so I'm home during the week as well. The days do get very long. I have a few crafts going, sew a little, etc. but nothing very interesting. I sure hope we don't have snow this year because I live on a high hill and I'm afraid to drive in the snow. I think I'm a danger to everyone else. Well, at least I have my home business, transcribing courtroom proceedings for a little pin money. Oh, well. There's a pot roast in the oven, the dog keeps me company and so goes the show. Have a peaceful day and evening and think of something to smile about.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Add me too it, Its never the joy towards the weekends anymore, another day to chalk off. You gotten this far and that is a huge achievement, may God bless you!

William

Good top hear from you Teny, it seems like forever doesn't it? I have the same feelings, I don't know what I would do if this site wasn't here, always a blessing supporting each other, God bless,

William