Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Just Another Instance Of Them Being With Us...

karenb

Our Sadie Mae, our black lab, has done this before, but tonight I'm sitting in his chair watching TV, giving her popcorn, and she again looks over my left shoulder, wags her tail and barks. I know he's with me tonight, and what a wonderful feeling. Thanks for listening.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

It's such a comforting and warming feeling knowing that our loved ones are with us still.

My mum died 4 months ago from cancer, and before she died, gave me 2 things to look for as a sign she was looking after me.

It took 4 weeks before I heard the song for the first time when I was in a shop. I burst into tears, but they were of happiness as well as sadness, and mostly gratefulness. I knew that she would come, and I was so happy for it to have happened.

The 2nd sign came soon after as I saw the image on TV. Since then, I've seen this same thing nearly on a daily basis, and it's not a day-to-day thing either! Not a coincidence at all!

There has been a 3rd item join the list, which I don't think mum would have thought of prior but now it makes perfect sense. Her nickname in primary school was 'Kooka' (after her laugh which sounds like an Australian Kookaburra!). For some reason I mentioned this to the funeral celebrant, and she put it in the eulogy. My mum told me that when she was having chemo she dreamt that I died in a car crash on my daily commute. When she awoke she asked that I be spared, and that she goes instead :(:wub: - now when I drive, I see several kookaburras every day. They just aren't that common.

I miss my mum so much, but know that she is with me. I am very lucky to have had her be so open to things, and to leave me with very specific things to look for, which now makes the more subtle things much easier to spot.