Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Three Years Ago Today

I agree William, last night was the first night I did not have to run down to my mothers or the hospital. I had plans to shampoo my livingroom rug, mop the kitchen and do alittle grooming on a couple of my dogs. So what did i do ? Crashed in Steve's recliner and woke up at 5am and crawled in bed !!!

Love,

Wendy :wub:

In response, I would say, you can feel married as long as you want to! The "not feeling married" is a very gradual thing and for some people, they continue to feel married the rest of their lives. I would just add that you don't need to leave that up to the Social Security Dept. to decide for you. In some ways, you will know you have lost that privilege...like filing taxes, your status will change, you won't have someone to change that flat tire for you, etc., but in your heart, your emotions still feel very much attached to him, and that is okay...give yourself time and be understanding of yourself and all you are going through.

Good to hear that Wendy, may there be more days like that..whew! Kay, I still feel married and often refer to her as passed but not really gone, no one has the power to take that away from us anyways ^_^

Wendy, when I started to read all the things you planned on doing last night, I thought, "Whew! SHE sure is energetic!" and then I read on and I laughed! That sounds like me...I have all these good intentions of catching up my filing, actually dusting the house, picking up the limbs in the yard, etc...but it never seems to get done. I'm still waiting for both the time AND the energy! It's hard to do everything by yourself!