Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Heavenly Music?

karenb

I've had lots of unordinary things happen in my life, but this one takes the cake? To preface this, I've made myself a place in my house, looking out my window wall to the trees, etc. to meditate, read the Bible, and try to come closer to the Lord, who has always been in my life, but not as much as months after my Jack died. So, I try. I go to church every Sunday, have entered into a group of women (who are so supportive of my situation), pray and continually ask for Jack's soul to be blessed and bless the work he's doing right now and everything that I need in my life. Okay...well, about 2 hours ago I was sitting in his chair, after transcribing all day, petting Sadie Mae, watching Dr. Phil for a while when I heard music coming from somewhere. I turned off the TV and followed the music up to my computer. It kept on while I turned everything off. It was young voices, no band or anything, and the words were about "releasing your burden...Hallaluah...releasing your burden...Hallaluah." My mouth was open and I wandered around this house wondering what had happened to me. It went on for about three or four minutes. Well, that was something to me, and I do thank God that maybe He's answering some prayer that I didn't even know I had done. Has anything like that happened to you guys?

LU....Karen :wub:;)

Hi Karen,

Unfortunately I cannot say that has ever happened to me but I did get goose bumps reading of your experience. Sounds to me like you are a blessed woman! What an awesome experience! ;)

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

Well, Corrine, I do think I'm blessed but it's come with hard punches over my lifetime. You know, I wasn't online, but technology could have something to do with it but I think you have to be online to have "pop ups" or things like that. Whatever it was, I did like the message. We all do, indeed, need heavenly messages. Bless your heart.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Karen,

We have all taken some pretty hard punches here, but I think you were online with a Higher Power, if all "pop ups" were like that there would be no complaining! God Bless You! ;)

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

Very, very special! You're very fortunate! I've actually read of some people who've heard "heavenly" music, as they described it, while grieving....even without any electronic anything on in the house....even more goosebumpy! So it's sure not beyond the realm of possibility for Spirit to use electrical devices to make a point! (it's actually very common....believe it...or NOT! :P )

Edited by Maylissa

• 2 years later...

my mom had almost the same thing happen to her. she was our house alone about 3 weeks after my brother died, and she was drinking her morning coffee. all of a sudden the phone rang and she picked it up. she said hello and no one answer, then this heavenly music started playing like just instrumentals. she thought that maybe there would be a promo or something but she listened for 3 minutes and there was no one there.

Karen,

I got goosebumps, too and believe there are signs all over if we are quiet enough to notice them. Yes, I think you were blessed with a heavenly message. I've heard angels only once, on our honeymoon in Colorado. As we traveled higher and higher it was as if the heavens opened and only angel voices could be heard. I sat with my mouth hanging open, in awe at it all. I used to tease Bob that he brought me to that place (his place even then) just so I would shut up for a while!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for sharing this with us. It is good to hear from you again.

Kath

Psst...I had to tell you, after reading this thread, I started thinking about how long it's been since I've had any sign of Bob. I seem to get them through my kids eyes, but not my own. So, I've been on a search and destroy mission through the house looking for the battery cover to the phone. We've torn through couches, chairs, everything with no luck. This has been going on for at least three weeks. The last thing I do at night is come here and read. Last night, sitting right on the computer stand was the missing cover. I thought one of the kids finally found it, but they said it wasn't them. Then I crawl into bed on Bob's side (where it is much easier to sleep than my own) and there was something there. I reached under the covers and found a penny - a wheat penny at that - haven't seen one for years - and I couldn't help but think about pennies from heaven. I just got this overwhelming sense that he was here, just to remind me that he's looking out for all of us (and keeping track of battery covers.)

Several years ago my step mom Donna passed away. My daughter was a baby then. It was like 3am and I was woken up. I went in and checked on her and she was asleep but fussy, then I heard it,,the wind chimes!! (Donna loved and collected wind chimes) I had none nor did anyone who lived there. Then a smile came acrosss my baby's face and she slept soundly. The phone rang moments later saying she passed. If this wasnt cool enough, my brother and sister all in different places and they both heard the wind chimes too!! I believe it was Donna making her goodbyes on her way up.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had a number of little strange things happening to me and my family in the short month of my dad's sudden passing.Most could be brushed off as a coincidence but all of them together....I hope so,because the thought of him messing with us[he was the type to love to mess with you]brings me some sort of comfort.