Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mending A Broken Heart

Karen,

You are right, most of us mentally ill don't communicate too well w/o meds, I been a hermit for 7 months and feel "dead" within myself, I don't know why I forget as much as now, when my wife was alive I always took them so I can function with her stress free, you really understand the disease, very few do, I don't mind you asking me, you are like a mother to me, and that really helps me alot. To know someone cares about me somehow keeps me going since I haven't felt

loved or wanted since Myrna passed. I am welling up with tears now, why does this sorrow persist???

Love,

William

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You caught me before I went downstairs. I want you to know that you are cared about. Although I don't feel it, although my body is not showing it yet, and people say they would never know it, I am 68 years old with all the history that goes behind it and, because of that, sometimes I feel I have things to offer others. I certainly am offering my friendship to you, my friend. You have been dealing with things many people never do and never will understand. I know it's a continuing thing, up and down, but if you just do what you're told, daily, you will maintain and keep going on and on and on, even without your wonderful lady. Just know that we are here...just know that I consider you a good friend and want to help whenever I can. Hang in there, my friend. You'll be fine.

Your good friend, Karen :wub:;)

Hello all,

It looks like it was kind of an uneventful night tonight.

William,

I had to laugh out loud when I read your post about my flat tires. Because I was getting these posts on my Blackberry, I didn't have to benifit of seeing the previous posts and when I first read your post I was wondering what you were talking about. Then I read the next post and realized it and just started laughing.

Well it is late and I have to get up for church in the morning, Carson is being baptized so I am looking forward to it. I am missing that Karen won't be there physically, but I know she will be looking down from Heaven.

Love always

Derek

Lori,

It was a wonderful day, a lot of mixed emotions. I know Karen was there with us and saw everything. It has been a emotional week knowing that this was coming up. Next week he will be going to camp and that is another emotional one for both of us since this will be the first camp for him to go to.

Love always

Derek

Derek...I just have to interject, quickly, that I think that you are a most wonderful father. Carson is so lucky to have you and Karen was so lucky to have you as her partner in life. I ask God to bless you, Karen and Carson with wondeful lives, wherever you are :wub:;) .

Your friend, Karen

Karen,

Thank you so much, I am so glad that you found this site as well as everyone else. Even though we aren't physically together it seems like I have known you all forever. You all are like family, between just talking to making sure that the ones that are on meds are taking them on a regular basis. It is nice to be able to talk to you all.

Love always

Derek

Karen, I have a sense you know where I am coming from, I feel a connection with you, indeed your experiences help me and many others, thanks for being a friend and a mother in a sense :wub:

Derek,

What a sense of humor huh? I really thought you had a flat, sometimes it take me awhile to figure it out, thats one side efx of the medications, slows my logistics down. Glad you got a chuckle out of it. I agree with Karen, she knows what shes taking about, you are a good father to Carson and he will be all right as time chugs along, I think well, theres Karen living inside your son, her love her traits, must be awe inspiring..

Oh yes I took my meds today!!!! a shocker!

Love,

William

Derek,

I am so glad yesterday went well for you and Carson. You were both in my thoughts and prayers. As Karen said you are a wonderful Dad and doing an awesome job with Carson. Your Karen is, I am sure, so proud of you!

Hug & prayers,

Corinne