Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Just Another Lonely Friday Nite !

You are so right about the cars, now everything is electronic and you look under the hood and you don't know what in the heck you are looking at. There is no troubleshooting when there is a problem anymore and you have to have someone hook your car up to machines now to tell you what the problem is. I believe once the lower to mid 80's came...cars went down hill. Like you said do you remember driving around and there were nice Chevelle's and Mustangs and Camaro's and Firebirds and Vette's out there, and now you have to give your right arm for one in need of a restoration !

Anyhow, yes it is hard to drive that truck with his things still in it the way he left it, it does hurt and break my heart. It is just as he left it the day before he died but I need that truck for winter and I don't want to remove anything right now so that is the way it will stay I guess, at least for now. Right now they are putting on a whole exhaust for me and then I have to take it through inspection which is something I have not done in about 10 years as by time I trade my lease cars in they still don't need to be inspected but this one does...that aught to be fun !!!

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy,

there isnt no fun in it anymore, liek they used to say, the backyard mechanics went with the dinosaurs, does it snow where you are at? I thought exuast systems should last but mufflers seem the problem. Anyways I been taking my meds and I feel wierd, very numb, feel pain but its so deep..

Love,

William

Hey William....

I saw this in a health magazine - an interactive pillbox that reminds you and alerts you by cell phone, fax or pager if anything's amiss with your meds. Check it out at informedix.com - it does cost, though. Just a thought. Hope you have a peaceful weekend.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Hello William,

Oh yes it snows here in Northwestern New Jersey and I also live on a mountain so it gets worse than down below me. You had to see the exhaust on the truck, apparantly the problem was just in one pipe but looking at the whole thing all rusty I said replace the whole shooting match or else I will have problems in the winter. The guys told me the whole frame is rusty and that is not good either so I will try to get through the winter with hopefully no more problems and then when my lease is up on my PT Cruiser late summer I will try to get rid of the truck and lease an SUV. So now what is this about your meds making you feel numb? You mean literally or just emotionally ? I fell asleep in Steve's recliner again last night, sitting straight up no less and didn't take my meds till 5:30 this morning but at least I took them right?

Love,

Wendy

Karen,

Thats a very good idea, if it uses various methods or nudging me it would suit me well. Its good to hear from you again, it has been so quiet here the past few days. how have you been?

Wendy,

definitely not good, do you feel ok with it for another year? New Jersey, that is such a nice place, is it really cold now or just getting to it? The numbness is emotional, I don't feel any surge of happiness, mostly flat, my crying spells are spread out so far, and been taking the meds daily now, at least you took them other than waiting another day, I find that kinda messes with the chemistry, I become an expert on that LOL

Love,

William

Hi William,

I lost power a couple days ago from a "wild" wind and rain storm. It makes me nervous, there were about 300,000 people without power....just the wind and some thunder storms, too. No one could get in or out because there were trees down over power lines everywhere. Thank goodness we have good power companies, they did a bang-up job. I hope your weekend is going well.

William,

I really have no choice with the winters we get up here, but as hard as it is to drive his truck, in a way there is some comfort too. I just can't explain it. The worse is the Motorcycle though, it is still down at our bike shop and has not sold yet. I could not be here to see it leave as that was a special thing to him and I am so glad I bought it for him and he had some years of riding it before he passed. It is getting chilly here it was 2 weeks ago but then we had an Indian Summer last week and now it is getting in the lower 40's at night and 60's to 70's during the day. We have had snow in October before but it isn't common, more common in November to April. Boy I am thinking that not only are the Holidays going to be rough but the fact that the long cold winter is going to be hard too. Does it get cold in Arizona or is it always hot?

Love,

Karen, where are you located at? thats scary to have something happen like that, the utilities are pretty good, how long were you out of power? Its rare for it to happen here, since well, the weather is mostly calm.

Wendy, I know where you coming from, I keep Myrna's pillows next to the bed with the covers she always liked, some days its hard to look at, nice weather :) I think it was 90 and the lows were 69, the lowest I seen in in my 40 years is 32 20 years ago as now its a heat island. I am suprised you haven't sold the bike yet, are they pushing it? or you could try ebay for local pickup only? I been seeing christmas stuff selling already and its hard too.

Love,

William

William,

I wish I could just go away before the Holidays and go someplace where they do not celebrate and come back after New Years. But then I have his Birthday in January and then Valentines day in February and then the 1 year anniversary of his death in March and then our anniversary in April and then my birthday in May. Oh man if I make it I think it will be a miracle. I have Christmas at my house and this year my Mom was going to do it instead but since she will not be up to it, it will be back at my house. Just the thought of Christmas eve and Christmas morning is making me upset already. How are we all going to get through this ?

Love,

Hi Wendy,

Yes, the holidays are definitely going to be hard this year. Christmas eve will be 10 months since John went missing and then Christmas day will 11 yrs. since Jimmy is gone. It is going to be sooo hard, especially for my girls, it will be their first Christmas without their Daddy. I am going to see if I can talk my Mom into coming down and staying with us. That way she will not be alone and she will be here for some support. As to how are we going to get through them, One day at a time and a little help from our friends! :wub:

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

William,

I live about 30 miles from Seattle. Last year Sadie and I spent a week in front of the fireplace and it's not fun and that was November-December. It seems to be starting early this year. I live in a "pocket" power area so they don't get to us very fast. I Jack's generator but I couldn't make it work so I sold it. Oh, well, that's life, but it is scary and I really don't like it. Have a nice Sunday, everyone.

Karen that's worrisome for you to be out there alone anyways, maybe the silence would be difficult too.

To mention the holidays, i think its affecting me already, feel dread intense sorrow and lonliness, Myrna had her diagnosis on the 28th of Decemeber, my b-day, its gonna be a avalanche of pain for me too. Wendy, I would too find a way to escape for six months but where?

Well, the silence is deafening so to say the least but the wind and rain squalls are worse, but they are gone for now. My daughter said that I should get a DVD player so I can at least watch some movies or something. I put holidays out of my mind...they are not comfortable to me. What I cannot deal with is put on the "back burner" for the time being. I try not to dwell on things I don't have to at the time. I thank you for being there. This doesn't seem to be a good night as I'm sure you understand, but I will always get through.

LU Karen :wub:;)

Karen

you always been supportive, whatever you decide to do is what you need to do that fits the moment, it hasn't been a good nite here either, I wish we could rteleport and cry in each others presense, the crying and sorrow alone is loathsome, I hope you slept well, and I be thinking of you :) I'm going to rest also, been poring the rain alot today, good nite...

Love,

William

Karen,

I too have been without power, many times, and again this weekend...I live in the country and know all too well what you are talking about. I get out my camping gear, the lantern, the Coleman stove, light a fire in the fireplace, and haul water for flushing the toilet. I keep a couple of gallons of drinking water at all times "just in case" and rotate it by using it to fill the dog's water dish so it never gets stagnant. My kids grew up with this...we kept a flashlight and a candle in each room of the house and could find them in the dark. Living in the country is different than living in the city but it helps to have preparations in place. I was without electricity for five days once! (That was when we had the wood stove put in.)

I'm prepared, too. Batteries, water, fire logs, radio, books, etc. The only thing is since I was very young it's the storms that make me nervous, thunder, lightening, wind, etc. I was without power for a week last year and just camped in front of the fireplace. I think I'll get one of those little DVD players, very cheap, and play some of Jack's million DVDs he collected....a break from reading.

Karen,

That's a great idea! It's always hard finding things to do when the power's out...I love taking walks but that's not good if it's storming! And it's hard to read for long if the lighting isn't good.