Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief For Those Still With Us

karenb

Those of you who know me, I have a son who has schitzophrenis since he was 14 or so and he's now 40.. I think my ex-husband, abuser, was a large part of it. As you can see I am venting and thank you for listening! I've always been with him, fought everyone to make sure he would get care (and that took a very long time, considering our system for mental illness) and he is fine, so to speak, now. Of course, I love him, he's my child, so much. I drive where he lives once a month to brng food, help where I can, etc. When I saw him today, he seemed so down I thought of some of you folks. My daughter worked on his computer (down) and I gave him money for cigarettes, and cleaned his kitchen (with his permission.) It just makes me want to cry that a person in this world is so lost, seems to be forgotten by many, looked at by eyes that don't understand, and it just makes me so sad for him. Just like my Jack, I love my son and I need help...it's got to be from God....it breaks my heart. Thanks, guys....

Karen

Karen,

While I can't say that I know what you are going through, I can certainly understand the feelings you have towards your son and the need to do everything you can for him. I know what it feels like to have to go through this alone without your soul mate. Just know that God is watching over you and providing what you need to help take care of him. I wish you the best and know that God is carrying you and holding you.

Love always

Derek

Karen,

I'm so sorry for your son's problem and the lack of empathy and understanding from others. He is extremely lucky, though, to have a mom like you. You remind me of my mom. She was always there for us and we knew she was on our side a hundred percent. I miss her so much. I also want to thank you for reminding me that as tough as things get, there are others who have it harder. I truly sympathize with your struggle.

A big hug,

Shell

Karen,

What a precious mother you are. I know what it is like to love your child unconditionaly!! As my mom loved me, always there rooting me on, no matter what. God put mothers on this earth to help him and if you have, had or are a good mother you have been blessed! I had my mom for almost 50 years, I am blessed-

God Bless you, Karen.

Karen,

You are such a wonderful Mom! I can only hope to be half the Mom you are. You are such a help to your family and all of us here. I will continue to keep you and your son in my thoughts and prayers. I thank you and appreciate all the help and encouragment you give to me. :wub:

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

Dear friend Karen,

You are a Mother that heals with your life, you know me well by know, being in the same situation, what can I say? I know how difficult it is to be on the receiving end of this, and for you to still say hes your son, thats love, many times I recall being so depressed and broke, and the system, the shame, being a outcast with family and society. You summed it up, gosh I wish I could hang out with him. Karen my friend, you are doing ok :)

Love,

William