Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Symptoms Of Grief Post

I posted a list of symptoms of grief in the Behaviors of Bereavement forum. I know some people don't necessarily venture out of this forum, but I wanted to at least let you know to go take a look. I have found this list extremely helpful in understanding that what I feel is very normal and necessary.

I haven't posted in a while. I have been on disability for depression over the past month, and my doctors have decided that I am not yet ready to go back to work, so I'm taking a second month. I have no desire to return to work. I am going through cleaning out and getting rid of stuff that Eric collected over the past 10 years or more. Most of these items I have no use for so I'm donating or giving them away. Obviously, I am keeping certain items for sentimental value for either myself or my children. My mother has been coming over twice a week to help me do this. When she doesn't come, I often go back to bed after the kids are at school and sleep all day. I know this is a major symptom of depression, and I'm trying very hard to keep busy so I don't sleep away my pain.

I've been reading everyone's posts, but as I tend to isolate in depression, I haven't responded. I am feeling better today (can you tell?), so I decided to drop a note to everyone.

Hi Sarah,

I just love the name Sarah. I read your list and it does fit here and there. But I'm just over two years into this, so I've resolved a lot. I am sorry it's getting you down, and I'm glad you're taking some time off. Family and children do help to keep us on somewhat of a direction. I really hope things get better for you. It's such a hard thing to go through. I hope you're watching your physical health through this. I remember I lost 20 lbs. or so during the first few months. You take care and get some rest.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Sarah,

I don't know if this helps, I am bipolar II with the same problems, isolation is our minds way to recoup and gather ourselves to cope with the world head on, I do the same, and I always get rebuked for disappearing for days, not answering phone calls or taking meds..