Grief Healing Discussion Groups

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My computer is acting up. I didn't get "beeped" when this topic came up. Well, I am glad you went to the doctor. My thoughts and prayers are with you. On top of everything, you have to feel badly, too. I hope they find something "little" and can help you. You take care and let us know what those tests show.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Hey did I miss the gab session tonight? Is everyone still out there? Derek I took my meds and I am ready for bed and have time to chit chat besides ! It really helps me that I know you are going to check on me so I am making sure I do what I have to, thanks so much. I haven't had anyone get after me about me since Steve died, it is always me worrying about everyone else. You are such a wonderful friend.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Karen, you weren't an interuption. I know how you feel when it comes to being lost with conversations when you are gone for a day. When I was gone during camp and caame back I felt like I didn't know what was going on.

Wendy,

No problem, I would like to help in any way that I can.

Love always

Derek

Thanks Derek ! Hey Karen you are always a pleasure to talk to, never say you interupted. I enjoy my talks with you, want to join our on line BBQ ? William is cooking burgers and it sounds like we are having chocolate for dessert. WOuldn't it be nice to really get together, I would love that. I bet you we would all get the hugs that we have been missing as only someone whom is grieving like us knows the importance of a good hug!

Love,

P.S. Well it is 11:30 here in Jersey so it is time for me to call it a night. Hopefully I will catch you all tomorrow ! Nite Nite !

Bless you're heart....you're a sweet lady! I'm very good at potato salad, bar-be-que veggies and...(ooooh, the best I would love and I never get anymore is prime rib on the rotisserie (sp?) - oh, man, that's good! I might as well dream....thanks for the welcome. I had wonderful hugs today from the ladies at my group meeting. I told them about you wonderful people.

Derek

I be throwing out the steaks on the grill, I noticed too lately that activity around here been slow, must be the seasonal change? Hmm how many patties I need to get now?? Nice to hear from some of you, you know who you are :wub:

Love ya all my friends!

William

No kidding...sounds good. I can from my garden a lot and I have Chow Chow, Pickles, Lime Mint Jelly for lamb or whatever, Spiced Apple Butter, and lots of side dishes....well, I am a grandmother even though I don't feel like it, you know! Have a good evening, my friends, you are very special. See you later...it's been a big day, lawn mowing, edging, weeding and thank goodness because the rains are here again. Bless your hearts.

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed the rest of the conversation last night, it sounded yummy! As usual I crashed early last night. I just feel so drained. I went to my therapist again yesterday and she said she would like to see me go on some med. because of the trauma and stress in my life. She is afraid that with the job search and then when I have a new job that it will deplete what little I have left. I had to call my family dr. back home since I don't have one here and he prescribed Xanax but in looking on line I think that will just knock me out. Yes, it will probably help with the panic attacks and when the anger kicks in but otherwise I think I'll just end up sleeping. In looking Xanax up on line I came across a natural thing that is supposed to help raise my seratonin. It is called 5 HTP. Has anyone ever heard of it? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Hey Corinne ! Dear Goodness you posted that at 4:15 in the AM ? LOL The sun wasn't even thinking about getting up yet ! I am on Effexor but also have a script for the generic form of Zanax. I forget what it is called, will check when I get home. It has never knocked me out but just taken the edge off and made me more mello and relaxed. It has taken me from fighting with my younger daughter to a " Whatever" attitude. I can still function after I take it and many people will tell you that Zanax is a wonderful thing ! I missed the rest of the conversation here too as of the time differance we all have. You and I are the same but everyone else is between 2 and 3 hours behind us. -_-

There is also something in the health food store that you may want to try called Melatonin, it is not a drug it is herbs. I buy this for my one Japanese Chin who is petrified of thunderstorms and I give her a 1/2 a tablet but I believe humans take at least 1 if not more, you would have to ask or read the bottle. When I give her the Melatonin she goes from petrified and shaking to calm but it does not make her sleepy, just keeps her out of a panic. You might want to try that too.

Love,

Now Wendy do you really think I was up at 4:15, remember the time difference?, it was really 7:15 here. I am probably going to the health store today to see what I can try. I normally only resort to meds when nothing else works. Have a great day! :D

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

Hmm Guys couldn't get the burgers at the hour, some of you know, well, I take quite a few medications for bipolar and if I think its causing a issue I drop it immediately since ideally we know our bodies best. Lest be careful too, some homeopathic treatments can react with medications requiring a consultation with a doctor. I myself use fish oil for depression and preventative heart care, also glucosamine for joint pain resulting from years of running/cycling. Does melatonin work well for some of you? I took it and nothing happened? HMMM :mellow:

Luv,

William

William,

I have never taken melatonin. I did go to the health food store today and got 5 HTP I don't know if it will work but I am going to try it before they put me on anti-depressants. William, you do know you have to be careful with the meds you are on and not take anything without checking with your doctor? ;)

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

William,

Melatonin is funny because It works for some people and not others, I know people like myself who give it to their dogs during fireworks and thunderstorms and swear by it and others give it to their dogs and see no changes. Most health food stores have knowledgeable people there so yes you are so right Corinne should mention to them what she is already taking if anything and it is probably best to check with her doctor too. My thinking was if people can give it to their dogs safely and it is a dietary supplement for humans then it should be safe for humans but you never know I guess. Now William please tell me about the fish oil and gloucosomine, I am very interested !

Love,

William

Melatonin did not work for me. Will had some Ambien left, but kept me wide awake. I use a generic brand for Unisom. Sometimes I can get 4 straight hours from it. Did you take your meds? Wendy will want to know. I'm having a really hard time right now.

Suzanne

I don't have to accomplish anything like you do, but what works for me, along with my heart stuff, etc. is (many don't agree with me) but I always try for a positive attitude. The more I care and try to do for others, the better I feel but, certainly I try many things to try and become a better person. We do all have our own strokes, right? I hope you're handling your things well....I care for your well being.

Karen,

I agree that helping others does help my mood most of the time.

William & Wendy,

I am not on any meds right now that is why I am going to try the 5HTP. My old dr. did call in a prescription for me for Xanax which I will only take during panic attacks and anger attacks. I hope both of you have taken your meds today. :ninja:

Hugs & prayers,

Corinne

Wendy,

It is called 5HTP, I found it on the internet when I was looking up Xanax. It is 5-hydroxytryptophan (Griffonia simplicifolia) it is supposed to increase your seratonin to help with your moods without all the side effects of anti-depressants. You are not supposed to take it if you are on anti-depressants without checking with your doctor. I know we need to take meds sometimes, but they had Jimmy on so many different meds and kept giving him new ones to counteract the side effects of the original ones that I try to go for the natural cure before going on the meds. I will let you know if it helps or not. ;)

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

I know my doctor put me on Effexor 6 years ago and I wish he had gone that route first as I tried to go off it once and boy oh boy that was a mistake ! Yes please let me know because I would like to try again at some point (not now) to get off it again.

Love,

I got on Efflexor soon after Karen died and was on it for about 9 months or so. I got off of it around the end of last year or the begining of this one. Around that time everything in me told me it was time to get off the medication so I talked to my doctor and she told me how to slowly get off of them. They did their job while I was on them and I am glad I had use of them.

Love always

Derek