Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Lost Myself

Teny,

I wish I could be there with you in person, but I cannot so please know I will be with you in spirit. I will pray for you for strength and courage and I hope you find some peace in this. We are all here for you!

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendy,

It doesn't mean anything of the kind, of course Steve loved you! Don't ever forget that, have faith in your love and that you'll be together again.

When George and I were first going together we could only write to each other and sometimes one of us would say something and the other might take it different than it was intended, and it'd be a few days before it'd be clarified, so we agreed that we'd have faith in each other that we always meant the best and that would hold us until we were together and could clarify things. Well it's like that now too, only it's longer than a few days, we just have to have faith, we'll be together again and one hug and everything will be perfect again.

Teny you will do fine, we can not be there with you physically but we will be there right behind you in spirit. As you are walking just picture all of us walking right behind you to keep you going. Maybe you will have a wonderful experience just like William did at his therapy session. Please let us know how your day goes.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Thanks Karen I needed to hear that. I think I was just expecting some kind of visit or message etc and I think it bothers me is his father passed a few years ago and he was a very demanding man who demanded all attention on him and always found ways while we were dating especially and married to lure him to do things that he really didn't want to do instead of spending time with me and the girls. When he was with his father it was like he was a young boy again and felt he had to do what his Dad asked so I kinda feel that is what is happening now as that would give his father great pleasure.

Love,

Wendy,

I'm sorry that's the way it was with Steve and his father. I know that happens a lot. I don't know but maybe sometimes our active minds may prevent us from experiencing the love sent to us...I don't know. I did experience Jack's love about six months after he died and to this day I will never forget it. Hang in there, I think you're doing a wonderful job.

Your friend, Kaaren :wub:;)

Kay thank you so much for your post. You are so right but you have to understand how his dad was, very manipulitive man !!! As a matter of fact it is not only hard to drive Steve's truck because of Steve but because the truck was his father's and was left to Steve when his father passed. So I get double whammied when I drive it !

Love,