Grief Healing Discussion Groups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I hope yours went well. It's sunny and cold in the Pacific Northwest, the leaves are falling and falling and falling...all over my yard. My heart feels good, my dog is well, my children are well, I've gotten tons of grocery bags for the local food donation center, I'm learning new things in my Bible study group, nothing needs to be fixed around here that I know of or want to acknowledge and....well, how does that sound? Of course, I miss my Jack being with me so I'll occupy my mind so I don't think too much. I hope everyone's evening goes well. Oh, and I'm making little Christmas presents for friends.

LU All....Karen :wub:;)

Wow Karen, that all sounds good what kind of presents are you making? The leaves haven't really started to fall here yet, it won't be long though. I can't believe that Christmas is just around the corner, it seems like it just was here. I am glad it is going well for you.

Love

Derek

Well, it's for lady friends so I'm sewing cute bibbed aprons, crocheting kitchen dish cloths, have jelly, apple butter, etc. that I've canned and I put them in little wicker baskets....it's just something small but I like it. I have to be careful putting the leaves into the garbage collector's bin because last fall I fell into it, had stiches on my nose and the left side of my face was awful black and flue for a month or more....so I'm real careful. That was embarrasing when people had the nerve to ask what happened to me and I said, "I fell into my garbage can." Oh, well!!!

Your friend, Karen :wub:

It hurt at the time but those who really know me, just really laugh...especially at my exercise group. When the story comes up, as it usually does when someone new is there, the instructor just says, "Well, knowing Karen it just doesn't surprise us!" It's pretty funny....just like my "ashes" story. That one my daughter told me to send it to Reader's Digest. The exercise ladies crack up at that one.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Well, it can be scaled down but - 3 1/2 c. apple cider, 4 c. water, 8 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced, 1 1/2 c. sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1 whole cinnamon stick (that's expensive so you don't really need it). Put it all in a pot and bring to a boil, turn down and stir here and there until it becomes blended and thickened. This makes 6 half-pint jars so you can adjust for less and add more or less spices to your taste. People seem to like it. Have fun...

Yes, the apples and seasonings, suger and so forth, as they simmer they break down, not the cinnamon stick...it won't break down if you use it, you'll have to take it out later. It's real easy. If you have a safe potato peeler, Carson can help. Then he's made his own apple butter. Kids love to help, right?

:wub:;)

Hello Dereck and Karen it has been a good day for me also. Got myself dressed and went out for lunch with me sister that was so nice. Went to my mom and dad's like I do every friday for supper. God it's nice to have a happy day after all the blues that I have been having for the last few weeks. thanks guy's for being there for me when I was so down. It is so nice to have good friend that will listen and help when I need it. Gail :wub:

Good. It will last in the frig for awhile but canning is another process, with canning jars, lids, rings, and a pot. The jars have to be clean, lids and rings in simmering water and a pot full of enough water to be over the tops of the jars about an inch. Everything has to be steril. As everything is ready to go on the stove along with the cooked apple butter, you fill the jars withing 1/4 inch of the rim, put a knife down the sides to remove bubbles, wipe the rims with cleam cloth, add the steril and hot lids and rings. Put into the pot of boiling water to cover and process for, I don't know for sure, but about 10 minutes or so. Remove and set out of a draft on the counter and listen for the lids to "pop." Then they're sealed. If they don't pop put them in the frig and they should last for a while. I love canning, especially out of my garden.

Gail, GOOD FOR YOU! These kinds of times makes the rather "down" times better. Thanks for letting us know. Have a peaceful weekend and GOOD FOR YOU!

Thanks,

My mom used to can peaches as we had a peach tree it has been so long since I have seen it done that I didn't remember how. I can't wait to try this. I wish I had an apple tree so that they would be fresh apples instead of store bought. What kind of apple works best?

Derek

Thanks Karen hope your weekends good also. Decided that if I kept going the way I was it was not good for me or the kids. Have to start having a better out look on life and be glad for all the goodtimes that Bruce and I had. Some people are not so lucky to find that one true love. Thanks and have a goodnight. Gail :rolleyes:

Thanks Gail....enjoy and my new saying I'm using now is a smile makes less lines than a frown....I hope it's right.

Derek, they say Golden Delicious, but anything is fine and the apple butter will be sweeter or tarter, depending on the flabor of the fruit. Pear butter is good, too.

My week? Meh. Not much of a week. Caught some kind of virus and would lay down for an hour, work for 15 minutes, lay down for an hour ...

Starting to feel human again now. Tomorrow noon, a couple I met -- the wife has the same illness Linda did -- are coming by with their kids and making off with some special medical equipment of Linda's. It feels good it's going to a good home that really needs it. My son is stopping by for dinner tomorrow evening. I've bought a ticket to a play for Sunday afternoon. I will have to be careful not to wear myself back down. Next weekend I'm spending with my daughter and grandsons in Chicago, on the way to an east coast business trip. Then I think I'll try to be a little more sedate for awhile.

Emotionally despite being sick I'm on a good stretch. Not looking forward to the holidays, though, with Linda's birthday and our anniversary sandwiched in between.

One day at a time,

--Bob

Here it is Friday night again, how has your week gone? I want to know how everyone is doing.

Hi Derek,

No plans this weekend, will stay home and do some housework. I was really depressed the past few days, stayed on bed most of the time..wishing sleep will take away the pain.

My sister have an apple tree and it really tastes very sweet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob, I hope u will get well soon..

I know about getting the "equipment" out to others. I did that with Jack's things and I felt good adout that. I'm sorry you've been sick..."junk" is going around and it probably wouldn't be so bad if the media didn't advetise it so much....just get sick and tired of hearing about everything that's "bad." I'm just venting, I guess. Have a good time, Bob, you deserve it.

Good for you, Bob....The only reason I keep DirectTV is because I like to hear "noise" in the background during my daily life, except when I'm transcribing the courtroom proceedings...and then when I turn it off and go to a spot I've designated to be my "reading" spot with all sound off and look through my garden window wall to the "back 40" it's like I just sigh with relief that there's no "noise." We are such strange creatures, huh?

HI my friends its so lonely when friday is here I try to be more in my studio and make some new things for the season.I have been to an omiopath doctor and gave me new meds I did not try them yet.Im so depresset that new ideas are not coming and I need them for my work.Thank you for beeing here for me.TENY

Mine is not to eventful. i am off to hockey games and soccer practices with my boys. my husband works 3-11 this weekend so i won't have him. i am working tomorrow. nothing really exciting . the weather is getting chilly here in NJ. alot of wind today. i am going to see the Bee Movie with the boys tonight. hopefully i won't fall asleep. i hurt my arm really bad last week and the pain is getting to me. i have a bad neck and i think falling just aggravated that. i don't like to take anything so i am just dealing with it.

i hope all is going well for everyone and i wish for a peaceful weekend for all. lori