Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hello Derek and everyone,

Well I decided to take a day off yesterday and get some things done, especially laundry that is piling up. What did I do ? Sleep ! I am not sure if this means that I needed it or it was just depression but that is all I did. Tonight I have to go to my sister's to babysit my 6 yr old twin nephews so her and her hubby can have a nite out with someother parents and then tomorrow since the Giants have a bye week I am hoping to get that stuff done that I didn't do on Friday but we shall see. I screwed up yesterday Derek and took my meds around 3am this morning instead of after dinner, I was doing good too. I will do better tonight. Hope you are all having a good weekend !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So glad everyone's weekend seems to be going smooth. I finally found someone to remodel my house and will start Monday morning. So, my mother and I have spent the day packing up, will do the same tomorrow. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The fear of it was worse than actually doing it but then I didn't have to do it alone. I look forward to the new changes. The last few weeks have been a real downer but I have come through that. All of us know the roller coaster. I think of each of us daily and pray we will find our way. Tomorrow I will have to unhook my computer. It's like a lifeline but I will read how everyone is as much as I can at work. I feel so much that we are a family. I will be thinking of all of you and sharing all the ups and downs in thoughts and prayers.

Love to all

Suzanne

PS - William and Wendy, please take your meds

Suzanne I am so happy for you that you are getting the work done, that is so exciting ! It will help to keep you mind alittle more busy too. My daughter just walked in with Chinese food and as soon as I am done I will take my meds, thanks for reminding me. Talk to you soon!

Love,

Suzanne....I'm glad that everyone is doing good this weekend so far.....me, too. Suzanne, I see that you're happy in getting some changes done...that really is fun and you have your mother. I do really feel about this group as one of the special parts of my life, truly do. I tell my daughter about you guys, the ups and downs, and she loves to hear about everything. She's such a special person.

Wendy...Enjoy your Chinese food. That's my next thing to do but I don't want to do it alone....maybe I can enlist my daughtr, too. You talk about meds....are you okay? I don't want to meddle if you don't feel like answering. Have fun with your daughter. Take care.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Hey Karen,

My daughter besides working full time has worked for a chinese family here in Jersey since they opened a restaurant about 6 years ago. They are wonderful to her, bring her things from China and she taught them English so they could get their citizenship and she has learned alot of Chinese from them. So every weekend is Chinese Food and theirs is the best especially since it is made just the way I want it ! Yum Yum

As far as meds I take my lactaid since I am lactose intolerant and my singulair for my asthma and my Effexor. I have been taking Efexor since 2001 when I lost a cousin during 9-11 in the World Trade center and my boss and my father in law all within 2 weeks of eachother and have been on it since. I never got along with my father in law but it hurt my husband so it hurt me. Tell your daughter we said hello !

Love,

Wendy

You've had your plate full for a long tme. I'm glad you have medical things you can control. Thank goodness! I have to tell you that you are a person I'm grateful to know and hope to for a long time. Jack's children hurt him in this life, but no longer now. He's in a life now where he understands what has gone on here and just plain knows and feel things we won't understand until we get there.....a long time from now. You are a good person and bless your heart, Wendy.

Karen,

Everytime you post I think to myself what a sweet sweet person you are, so caring and so free to express yourself so well. Thank you for your kind words, it has been rough but nothing as rough as losing my Steve. You know I am trying not to think too far ahead but it is so hard for us women not to, especially when we feel lost and scared and vulnerable without a man around. If I had maybe just an apartment I wouldn't feel so scared but with a house that needs care it is just so scarey. With 6 little dogs an apartment is not an option either, plus I don't think I would want to go that route again. I wonder how many of us are like me right now just praing everyday that nothing goes wrong with the house. COme on girls how many of us are out there?

Love,

Me, for one!!! You hit the nail on the head in your words. But.....think the other way if we didn't have what we do, we wouldn't have come as far as we have. I, very luckily, built my home before Jack and I got together. His wonderful Betty died...I knew them for a long time prior...and he came out to help me with inspections on my home. Long story cut short we got together. But we have our homes, we've learned a lot and more to come, but you are sooooo right about being scared of such a huge responsibility. I totally agree, but we're here and, as they say, it is what it is. Have a peaceful evening, Wendy, way over there in NJ, right. I fell asleep in Jack's chair again and I'm off to bed. G'nite.

Your always friend, Karen :wub:;)

Wendy and Karen

I feel the same way. It is so hard to find someone to do the little things that go wrong. I don't want an apartment either because I have a dog and she loves the outdoors plus I remember all of the noise that goes with one. Haven't lived in one for 21 years and that would be a huge adjustment. So, when things go wrong I search until I found someone willing to fix it although I believe at times I have paid too much. Nothing else you can do when you don't know how yourself. I am very thankful to have my house because it was Will's as well and I have so many good memories here. Hope everyone has a good day, I've got to start packing.

Suzanne

Karen, Steve's chair is my worst problem at night too! I fall asleep every night in his recliner, and I don't even recline it and then I will wake up anywhere between 2 and 5am and have to get ready to climb into bed with a stiff neck and a sore back from a bunch of little doggies trying to cuddle with me in a chair. Of course their comfort is more important than mine. I don't mean to fall asleep in his chair and most of the time I don't know it is going to happen ! Then I have to get up and go to work ! I really have to work on this, at least now I am getting better with my meds and taking them right after dinner instead of bed time.

Suzanne, packing? Where are you going? Did I miss something?

Love,

Oh thanks Karen, if you look right above their pictures I answered your last email about their names. Isabella was my first and was a rescue, then I got Taini from a top breeder in the US. Yogi San came from a top breeder in Canada. Then came Kimi who was a rescue as her Mom came into rescue pregnant and then Mei-Ling was also rescue found wandering the streets of Atlantic City freshly off a litter of pups, pups were never found and then there is my little sable boy July who is deaf and should have been on the show table with a top breeder till they found out he could not hear so he is here with me. I just rescued another little boy that I am hoping to find a home for before he comes to live with me as my house is full, right now he is with the originator of the rescue group I belong to. I will try to attach a picture of him, it will break your heart what bad shape he is in. Thank goodness mine are good little babies with a 24-7 doggie door and I am a neat freak or my family would think I am nuts ! Actually I think they already do but they see how clean my house is and how well taken care of my dogs are and they are amazed. It is alot of work though, no wonder I fall asleep at night in the recliner, I should maybe say pass out? LOL

Love,

Pictures here are the dog I am rescuing, look at all the missing hair poor thing !

post-4329-1194200783_thumb.jpg

post-4329-1194200808_thumb.jpg

post-4329-1194200875_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys, I took my meds and then some, lately its been weird with the sun setting earlier and holidays coming, feel so numb, and lonely, Wendy, cute dogs, but it helps your morale :) I can't have dogs here, cost $$ and too much for me, hermit crabs are good pets, just feed and clean and hold them. LOL BTW, Is a moth considered a pet? LOL

Love,

William

Good to see you, William. Maybe you're on other posts I'm not watching? I hope everything is going okay for you. You probably don't know it, but you have a great sense of humor. Fall and winter coming up...fall already here with leaves, leaves everywhere and pretty chilly out. Daylight savings time is here and here we go through another winter, but it's NOT going to be a "winter of our lives." It's got to be growing, caring more for others, living to our best. We care for you, William, just keep on keeping on, my friend.

Thanks Guys,

Karen I haven't posted maybe 2 days I think, thanks for that comment, I try to the best to keep a sense of humor to remind me I still have a pulse. Definitely not a winter I want to see, and the daylight savings, some of you are pushed ahead a hour or two? Here in Az the time stays the same. I'm doing the best of the best I can right now. :wub:

William,

I think the seasons changing and the up coming holidays are what is bothering me too. We had always loved the fall and I have not done one thing Steve and I would have done and now Halloween night they started with Christmas commercials already ! We have become so commercialized it is absurd ! This is the time of year for cozying up the house and putting on the fireplace and being close with family and day after day, night after night I sit here by myself, not the way I saw my future years ago. I never pictured myself alone and depressed and scared, but here I am !

Love,

Hang in there, my friends. Do everything you can think of to help yourself, please DO! Yeah, I think Arizone and Hawaii don't change times. My other son lives on the island of Kauai, "the garden island." Here's to a GOOD week....cheers!

Thanks Guys,

Karen I haven't posted maybe 2 days I think, thanks for that comment, I try to the best to keep a sense of humor to remind me I still have a pulse. Definitely not a winter I want to see, and the daylight savings, some of you are pushed ahead a hour or two? Here in Az the time stays the same. I'm doing the best of the best I can right now. :wub:

Well, I don't know if I'm doing this right here, but I wanted to add something. William, there's ALWAYS hope for whatever you are in. I got my son a computer, table, printer, etc. and everything he needs to go ahead with it. He has a pretty good idea of how it all works, so I got him a year's subscription of Skype...if anyone is interested it's GREAT! It took a while for him but he's hooked up to it, he's online and can call anywhere for free and me, too. I can "see" when he's online so I called him tonight. I do have a webcam so he was so surpriasd...said, "I can see you, mom." He had a real grin in his voice. I just love that tha the Good Lord has helped us in this direction so that my Danny can see me when we talk and he's got a great grin in his voice. The Lord has been good to me.

LU...Karen :wub:;)

Wendy, it is shameful that it became pagan holiday now, everywhere they are selling X-mas stuff, for years on end I would buy a new string of lights and hang them everywhere, last year, the last with Myrna, probably is the last time I enjoyed it, and she was deteriorating and staying at home, so it wasn't the best time but I had her there, I am just going to stay home and watch tv and take the phone off the hook, I know too well the same feeling as you, just lingering sadness.

Karen, my hope ran out of gas sometime ago, now just waiting for my number to be called and keep sane in the same day. You have been blessed and passing the blessings on, its hard for me to understand mom/son relationships,or fathers even, I pay for a phone thats never used, 2 of them actually, a cell and why do I keep the expense for nothing? I just have enough income to pay the bills and food, gas. while theres things in my life simply useless, that are a waste. I had housing subsidization before married and now I fend for myself completely since my income is just above the federal poverty limit therefore disallowing me any government assistance besides Medicare. its too much sometimes.

Well it looks like you all shared the weekend together...I wasn't even able to go on line! I ended up in the hospital Saturday night with the most severe eye pain I've ever had...a bug flew in my eye Friday and I guess I scratched the eye getting it out, plus I had an allergic reaction that caused further problems with it, and then it got infected. Living in the country there's no medical help so John had to drive me 55 miles away at midnight because I couldn't take the pain any longer.

It didn't feel like a very good weekend but it had a blessing...my son bought me a new water heater for my birthday and went to put it in and discovered the floor completely rotted out beneath it and the only thing holding it up were two tiny little screws! A MIRACLE it didn't fall through the floor and rip all the electrical out with it! Paul replaced the flooring and said (another miracle!) the rot stopped right at the joists. Yay!

So I'm sorry I missed you guys this weekend but am on the mend now...

KayC

PS: Cute dogs!

Edited by kayc

Kay,

Just good to have you back, how fortunate you were to have that caught in time, them water heaters are a pain in the hind sometime. glad you got it completely attended to and fixed.

Sorry about my rant last night, I usually try not to go into my frustration, most of the time it stays within my little box, again sorry.

Love,

William

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I missed everyone this weekend. I went up to my Mom's. My daughter and I had dentist appointments. It was good to see my Mom, but going back at this time of year brought back a lot of memories. It was not just me but the girls at bedtime on Friday started talking about their Daddy out of the blue. I was so glad my little one was talking about him. I think it helped. It was hard for me because I have forgiven John for everything and I ended up sad and missing him. So, I guess all in all it was a good trip. I had spoken with my therapist on Friday about my little one and her anger and she is having me bring in both girls to do a collage of our lives past, present and future to see if it helps to see what we can do for Kayla and her anger.

Wiliam,

Dont, apologize, you need to let that frustration out of the box sometimes or it will eat you up. I think that is what was going on with me and what is going on with my little one. Did you take your meds? :ninja:

Kayc,

I am sorry to hear about your eye, I hope it heals quickly. I know all about the water heaters in trailers thing, expecially with well water. I used to have to replace mine every two yrs. I had actually replaced all my water pipes with cpvc because of the well water eating through them. I do not miss that!

Wendy,

Did you take your meds? :ninja:

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne