Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Aha! Pictures Of Urn And Huggable Urn

waabzy

Amber, these are wonderful! (and looks like Nvwati finally got over that vampire-like aversion to picture-taking :P )

That's a beautiful urn, and where in the world did you find "huggable" urns??? I've never seen those before! Do they come complete with the T-shirt, or did you go and buy that yourself? And do they come in more than teddy bears? (but SO perfect for your baby, though, isn't it?!)

Thanks so much for sharing these with us. A wonderful way to honour your baby!

Edited by Maylissa

Thanks very much, Amber! I'll be spreading the word about this wonderful idea/product. I've contacted them to see how customized a product they might be able to produce, as I ponder whether I'd like something like this myself.

Is it helping you to hold and hug your own? I have cat stuffies for the same kind of reasons, but they don't look or feel enough like my kids to be good enough for me.....and if I had to use a favourite type of toy of theirs, as you're using a bear, mine would have to be a tiny, little mousie! :rolleyes:^_^ Not quite the same thing!

Edited by Maylissa

Actually, they (already) said they should be able to make up cats, to my specs., using pics as 'templates'. But I'd also have to check into what the costs would be on such a custom order (after I choose some pics and they get back to me again), plus the shipping to here. I'm just scared they might not turn out looking like I'm envisioning them in my head and then I'd be disappointed...too late. Usually cat stuffies have really weird limbs that don't 'sit' right or move right, and feet that aren't natural-looking/feeling,and I don't want anymore of those kinds. So we'll see. But yes, what a service! They're so accommodating!

The huggable urns are absolutely adorable! I wish I would have known of them two years ago when my favorite cousin died. They threw him into the pacific ocean, a decision I did not agree with. I lost my precious Sheeba a little over two weeks ago and although we buried her, I think I would purchase a huggable cat urn.