Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Derek,

I'm sorry you had such a challenging day! I too hate shopping for clothes, mostly because it's hard to find a good fit at the right price that is also flattering. I can never buy from a catalog because of that. Your son is at that in between stage and the good thing is, he won't stay there long! I went through that with my daughter. It takes a lot of trying on. The only thing I know to make the day more tolerable is to go out for a treat afterwards!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, this is just decadent (sp?) but my favorite treat is to go out to a full course prime rib or lobster dinner with wine, soft music, etc. I have not done that for well over two years, maybe three. I did have a mini Halloween PayDay today. I don't usually do that 'cause sweets aren't my thing...maybe french fries? It sure is dark and stormy here in the Pacific NW today....YUK!

:wub: Karen

Hey thats no fair :wub:

Wendy,

That's right! You and William need to be good and take your meds then you can have cookies.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

William,

So glad to see you and yes it is fair. I care about the two of you and you are not getting any cookies without taking your medicine!

Corinne

Karen now your talking, you and I should go out for some Surf and Turf with some good wine....man that sounds yummy doesn't it? I love to go to Red Lobster but that is where Steve and I would go so I haven't been there since, I would make a scene !

William,

Do you get the feeling that Corinne is black mailing us for cookies? You would think we were bad with taking our meds or something....geez.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Oh Corinne you are too sweet. Okay be right back, I will go take my stupid old meds ! :angry:

Love,

Wendy :wub:-_-

OK Wendy you can have cookies.

William,

Did you take your meds? :ninja:

Karen,

If you and Wendy are going for surf and turf I want in. PLEEEEEEASE.

Corinne

Thanks Karen I try. I have been really stressed and down lately so it does help to come here and laugh a little. :P

Corinne

P.S.

William thanks for the hug I really needed it! Here is one back at you (((HUG)))

Corinne, glad the hug helped, yes I took them today and yesterday, and wow I feel weird LOL

Karen, its been ok, I did something of a midlife crisis thing, went down to a parlor and had some tattoos done in memory of my dear one, I felt like a huge brick was lifted.

Wendy, I think we might have to pull our wallets and purses out :wub:

Thanks for ummmm, being there! :)

Love,

William

I am getting ready to put coconut shrimp and Jalopeno poppers in the oven, but the surf and turf sounds so much better.

I found some Husky jeans on the internet and ordered them tonight, Keep your fingers crossed that they will fit.

William,

So you feel wierd taking your meds 2 days in a row, have you thought that maybe it is a normal feeling instaed?

Love always

Derek

OK William since you took your meds you can have cookies too.

Derek, the coconut shrimp and jalapeno poppers also sound great. I hope the jeans work out for you.

Corinne

Karen,

Its a nice form of art, but it hurts for awhile, doing the best I can :)

Derek, you have a unusual likeness of foods, I can only imagine what it must taste like, I got some tiny shrimps in the 20 gal that will not read this LOL

Don't know what normal is, if its a day where I have a predicable mood pattern it might be so :wacko:

Corinne, that means I don't have to bribe you??? :wub:

Love,

William

Gosh darnit !!! I come on and your all gone ! Man I swear you guys know when I am coming and hide ! :ninja: Derek you are eating 2 of my favorite frozen Hors deurves coconut shrimp and Jalepeno Poppers, have you ever had the cream cheese poppers? I can't find those anymore. Took my meds Corrine so where are my cookies ??? William I think that is wonderful about the tattoo ! Steve had quite a few and about 5 years ago he had one done with my name on it and our anniversary with hearts. Well since I am here all by myself I guess I will go now, I am afraid if I don't I may start answering my own emails ! You think I got problems now, imagine that one...Marty would give me the boot and send for the men in the white coats !

Love,

Wendy :wub::P

P.S. Karen give Sadie Mae a kiss for me !

Wendy...you are so cute. Thank you. Sadie is out in the back 40 chasing something. I heard those big feet just beat down the deck and fly. Stormy day out here! You have a peaceful night, you are such a good person and deserve a night in your own bed....not in the chair. Take your little babies and just cuddle up. Talk to you later.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Corinne,btful about

Thats good, I forgot the combo to the safe..

Derek,

There was a saying around here, if you can eat anythingyou have a cast iron stomach

Wendy,

Thanks, for awhile today I was doubtful about my actions but the comments are positive. I think Myrna would be proud, that gives me hope.

Love,

William

I have to tell you, Wendy, that this mental image came to me and I really chuckled.....Sadie Mae will dream and all four legs go crazy, the body shakes...I just say, "It's okay." She falls back to sleep. I can just picture (if I remember right you have 5 little pups) - how about 20 little puppy legs kicking? LIke you say, HeHeHe! Have a good night.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;);)

Karen, I have 6 little ones so it would be 24 little leggies ! LOL Like you with Sadie Mae I don't know what I would do without my little ones, right now one of them, Isabella is going through some back pain. I am treating her Holistically and she is making some improvement but she has a problem with 2 discs in her back, poor baby.

William, by no means should you be doubtful about getting any tattoos. DO you realize how many people have tattoos out there ? Now if you said you got your tattoo in a very sensitive place ( worked with a guy who did that and a piercing ) then I would send out the little men with the white coats. You did a very special thing and I know Myrna is proud ! I think it is great !

Corinne, did William eat all my cookies ?????

Derek, like you I love to try all different kinds of foods. You and I would gain 50 lbs if we lived near eachother !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

P.S. Notice I am here and you guys aren't ...man I could get a complex here !!! :angry2: