Grief Healing Discussion Groups

No Progress

Hi my friends another weekend went by and left me steps behind.the new meds are not helping and I find myself desperate not able to sleep thinking all over the life that is gone feeling tired no energy and most of all people around are telling me that Ishould be over it by now .As days go by I feel more lonely my life with no meening .Holidays are close and I did not get the shop ready yet.I know I have to do it and I keep findig excuses for not beeing ready.My therapist told me that if I dont help myself I will soone go and find YIANY .I do need help and advise.Is any hope for geting easier? Thank you TENY

Teny

I am not sure how long you have been on the meds but they do take time to kick in. Try to see the little accomplistments that you have made, you may not think that they are big but it is something. i had to do that or i would never have gone on. i tried each day to see something positive . how is your family with you ? do they let you talk? Do you try and keep busy or does that make it worse? i know for me in the beginning being busy did not help. For so long i could not read or watch tv. things do get better Teny, just a little at a time. My prayers and love Lori

Teny, I know the weekends are long for me also. Try not to be so hard on yourself. Other peoples expectations of you don't matter. What matters is how you are feeling and what you want to do. I've learned that the hard way. I'm an artist also and have needed to get ready for the holidays but I can only do but so much. I beat myself up about it, and try to push myself but sometimes you just can't. This week I have the two yr. anniversary and then the next day his birthday. Its already physically making me anxious knowing its coming. I'll try to go on with what I need to be doing but for anyone to tell me, let it go, your making yourself sick, I don't listen to them anymore. It wasn't them who loved Larry and lost him. What I wanted to say is this takes time, alot of time. Just try each day to take care of yourself and not expect too much too soon. Thinking of you, Deborah

Teny,

The med. will help it will take a little while- my family was so concerned about me taking something for depression.... IF I don't take my meds. I will cry all of the time, now- they ask me did you take your medicine?? I could not go without it, I hate to feel so dependent on it, but I am right now.

It has got to get better.

Big Hug

Rosanne

This is true Teny I forget how many weeks it was that the doctor told me it would take before my Effexor would kick in but it was quite a bit. It takes your body awhile to get adjusted to it. Isn't it amazing how the weekends used to go by so quickly and now that we are alone they just seem to drag? It is the lonliness I am sure, the wanting for our spouses company that we miss so much. I would be happy right now with just a big ole' hug ! :(

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Teny,

You should show some improvement within two weeks but it takes maybe a month or so to get full effect...if you have been on your meds for a while and don't notice any improvement, please contact your doctor right away. The doctor may need to adjust your dose or try a different medication.

Hang in there, it will get better! I've been super depressed at different times in my life and I remember at one of the lowest points in my life, which lasted over a year, getting up, looking in the mirror, and telling myself every day, "It won't be like this forever", and it wasn't. Life has it's ups and downs, it's ebbs and flows, what's hard is when you never notice any relief or anything getting better. You are taking steps to being healthier inside and eventually it will pay off. We're here for you, my friend!

KayC

thank you my friends It is 2 weeks that I take the meds.Im having trouble sleeping.I take pills but during the night I wake up and miss him sooo much TThis feeling of emtyness will never go away.Trying to be busy keeps the day going with no meening another day without love.TENY