Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Phone Conversation With Christine Duminiak (adc)

William,

For what it's worth, my take on the stuff you describe (and I have an embarrassing amount of experience with it, I can tell you) is that charismatics often are guilty of having more faith in Satan than in God. Focusing on Satan only gives him power (saving for another day and another venue, the debate about whether that power exists in our minds or in reality; the principle works the same either way).

I've met charismatics who talk way more about Satan and demons than about God, and they become increasingly fearful as a result. Being around that sort of thing made me start to creep out around places like you describe (palm readers, etc). I never did before and I haven't since, and the reason is that except during the period when I was under the sway of this kind of thinking I have no faith in the power of Satan.

Just a thought, for what it's worth -- thank God for his power, and for his protecting angels, rather than rebuke Satan and guard against his demons. Even giving negative attention to evil is just puffing it up. You certainly can't pretend there is no evil in the world, but you overcome it with love, not a crucifix.

--Bob

LOL Bob, you got that right, we used to rebuke anything that moved, now I just ignore them spirits than to give them any time. Importantly the knowledge of angels at watch is more of a comfort then to think the evil is lurking. funny about the crucixes, I believed at one time it was a measure of protection. now prayer just does it.

Wendy,

Don't take offense to what anyone was saying here. I think that the main thing that everyone was saying was to be careful because there are those out there that will say anything that they think you want to hear. I have been quiet about the conversation and just reading the posts so as not to offend anyone, but I feel the need to let everyone know of my experience.

When John was missing they called in a "psychic medium/remote viewer". This woman is the cause of most of my pain and hurt from John's family. At the time when John was missing I was a mess and confused, not knowing which way was up. His family was mostly in contact with her and one of John's friends who was looking for him every day. One day John's friend told me he had not heard from her in a while and thought that his family was bothering her with calls and such. I thought it could be possible because they were doing that to the police chief. I sent her an email apologizing if they were bothering her because there is a lot of alcohol abuse and prescription drug abuse in his family. I asked her to please call me or email me if she got anything else as to his whereabouts. She proceeded to immediately forward my email to John's aunt, which started all the problems. John's aunt accused me of trying to get this woman to stop looking for John, not my intent at all. I did not find any of this out until John was found and his aunt sent me a horrible email. After I received the email from her I realized why they left me out of everything and never mentioned "John's fiance" when dealing with the media and newspapers. Although John and I were never married I had actually thought of his family as family(devastated once again by my trust in people).

I am not putting down or judging anyone for what choices they make in trying to get through their grief, everyone needs to do this in their own way, I am just offering my experience up to let you know to be very very careful with who you deal with. By the way she actually was doing this for no charge and she was in one of the episodes of "Psychic Detectives."

Please do not take offense to this I just felt in my heart I needed to share my experience with you as I love all of you and care about you!

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Oh Teny my friend tomorrow will be bittersweet for you. I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers and will be right beside you in spirit as will Yiany giving you a big hug. You must concentrate on your son's and daughter-in-law to be joy at starting their new life together and know that we will be right there with you just as we were when you went to Yiany's grave for the first time. I will pray for you to have great strength and joy for your son.

Corinne

Teny,

In English the word "medium" has at least three meanings that I can think of:

1) Adjective: Average, neither large nor small, hot or cold, etc. (the common meaning)

2) Noun: A substance that serves as a place for some kind of chemical or biological reaction to occur. For example, agar is a medium in which bacteria or mold is grown for research or testing purposes.

3) Noun: A person who claims to communicate with the dead on behalf of the living.

We were talking about meaning (3).

The meaning is similar to "mediator", a person who brings two parties together for a discussion -- but that is usually used more in the sense of a referee settling a dispute rather than just enabling a conversation between two people who can not easily communicate directly.

One can consult mediums here, usually for a price, often a high price. Some are fakes, others are sincere, and some of those have some kind of psychic gift. Some of those may even actually be communicating with the dead. We are all of varying opinions about the validity of mediums, and also, some religions are opposed to the very concept and consider it evil and dangerous. So we were having a lively discussion about it.

At any rate you are in my thoughts for your son's wedding. I hope you can find a little bit of joy in it, even if it hurts, too.

Best,

--Bob

HI my friends once more every word i read today fro your posts about mediums IS ALL GREEK TO ME.WHAT is this all about?.I cant understand. Please send me your strong thouts for tommorow I need support for being alone at my sons wedding.TENY

Teny, Don't think of yourself as alone, think of Yianni being right there with you...although you can't touch him, he is there with you in spirit.

I realize everyone has dfferent opinions as far as mediums go and I respect that. It wasn't my intention to tread into some evil territory that was demon based. Before March 2nd I would never have considered such an action as I was brought up in a religious environment. If people where I live knew about it they would probably recommend I be committed knowing my personality. But as we all know, you are not the same person as you where before. I prayed for a long time and ask for guidance before I made my decision to try this and read as much as I could on the subject. I can't say God came forth and gave me the go ahead but I just prayed if it was wrong for forgiveness and before the session I prayed a prayer of protection that no evil would be involved. I understand Wendy's desire as well to be able to recognize signs of the presence of Steve. I take no offense at others opinions. We all have ours. This is something that has helped me. I may regret it some day but for now I found a peace I didn't have before. Thanks for listening.

Suzanne

Suzanne...and thanks for sharing. Like Deborah said, a little tolerance and understanding would be good here. We don't blame you either, this is all tough and we miss our spouses and of course people are going to try whatever they think will work. Thanks for being so understanding of everyone's differences, you're very sweet.

Suzanne,

I've given it serious thought and like you it's something I wouldn't have given the time of day before. That was then, and this is now.

I ultimately decided not to go there because the more I've moved forward and gained a measure of peace, the less I feel it would do for me. But I don't try to apply my decision to you or anyone else. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to do it, go for it.

As for the religious fear-mongering about it, I suspect that's ultimately motivated by sour grapes. Churches don't like competitors. They would rather rail against it than just do a better job of comforting and/or helping people. If the church was doing its job, it would occur to few, if any, people to go chase down mediums.

--Bob

I realize everyone has dfferent opinions as far as mediums go and I respect that. It wasn't my intention to tread into some evil territory that was demon based. Before March 2nd I would never have considered such an action as I was brought up in a religious environment.

Hello everyone, please don't think I no longer love you all as you know I do. I just got more and more upset as I read the posts feeling like I was being judged for what I had done and was being warned about mediums and I hadn't even gone to a medium. Christine and I prayed and she comforted me and told me about some signs that I may experience and answered all the questions that I had. There was no communicating with the dead or any of that. She gave me a consultation and that is what I paid for. She did have a vision the night before as she was praying of a man also praying and described him but once I sent her a picture of Steve she said it wasn't him. That was all that she did. I want to thank any of you who emailed me personally, I was upset but I am over it and I still love my family here. I know you were trying to help and have me watch out for myself and I apreciate that but I just felt alittle backed into a corner.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy,

I feel we all need to do what we need or want to these days, and not feel like we're being judged by others. If I did anything like that, I surely am sorry. I feel you're a dear friend and wouldn't want to ever do anything that would jeopardize that. You have a peaceful evening, my friend.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Wendy

I understand. We don't have to apologize for our actions. It is what we chose for our peace. I would never judge you whatever method, remember I am close to the same time as you, although a thousand years would not be long enough for our soulmate to be with us, they are stil with us. Last night I went back and read cards Will have given me over the years. Oh how I miss that. Brought a fresh, new wave of pain.

Suzanne

Karen,

How are you doing? I sense a bit of sadness in your posts. Is it the holidays and missing Jack? It is amazing it does not matter how long our loves are gone this time of year always brings some sadness with it.

Corinne

Wendy,

We are nearly on the same page of loss, it feels I moved on but have not, its bittersweet to have to move out of this place without my dear one, how many time s I prayed she would say something to me, or how much it hurts to continue on without any answers. I understand now why you chose the way you did, We limit God to only what we can do, but many others have gifts to serve others and to comfort, Bob said it well, Churches don't want competition, it cuts into their pockets, but I rarely ever see any pastor or minister attempting to understand or utilize the gifts of the likes of Christine. They merely draw attention to themselves and what good does that serve? Love is freely given, and it takes many forms. I am blessed to have known you.

Love,

William

Corrine,

You are very perceptive. I have had this lump in my throat for a little bit now. I do miss my husband very much. I think it has to do with not getting out very much, weather's bad, etc. I have friends and family, but I'm usually just here at home. I have a lady's group I go to on Tuesday mornings, exercising 3 days a week, and I have my transcription work, but little else. I need to get out and help others...that would help. I don't feel sorry for myself or anything like that...it's just a feeling of sadness. Thank you for your kindness, you are an amazing lady.

Love, Karen :wub::wub:

I am very much with you, Wendy!! People have the right to believe whatever it is they believe and I was rather taken aback by the comments to your thread, here. I have read numerous books about ADC and I found it fascinating! As I said, my motherinlaw & sisterinlaw have spoken with both Sunni Wells and Christine.

I enjoyed reading your experience, Wendy!! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs to all

Patti