Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A Reason, A Season Or A Lifetime

lyn

Im having a hard time today, need to let out the tears again, just want to share this with you guys..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People come into your life for a REASON, a SEASON or a LIFETIME.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled,

their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come

to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.

Lyn- You are so very right.

In my life a man came to me who taught me to never give up or let anything stand in my way: to be strong and unafraid. When his job was done he died.

Another man entered my life to bring me joy and comfort, and make my life easy and complete. When his job was gone, he died.

I gave to each what they needed: undivided love, care, comfort, support and the recognition each so desparately needed. When they felt whole and completed and all their issues were resolved, they died.

I take with me all they gave me. It keeps me whole, warm and loved.

I wait for the next corner to turn, the next correct path to flow on.

There I will find the next proper one to bring myself to, and to receive my next lessons from.

He came into my life and gave me the happiest 8 months of my life. Yes, we only spent too short period of time, but I was changed forever. He has such a very beautiful heart. I still have lots of whys. I often wonder how something so beautiful that we shared can end up tragically. We were supposed to get married. I really feel bad..If he were only here, we would have been married now, I would have been pregnant with his child. He brought me so much peace, so much joy, I am amazed I could feel love that way. And i Know he felt the same way too. It is giving him joy, seeing him smile that gave me so much happiness. It hurts so bad that he is no longer here.

He came into my life for a Reason - to show me what pure Love is. A season?.. this i will never understand.. why so? I am deeply sad, I am angry that we were only given a short period of time to be with each other, yet I am also grateful that I was able to share the last few months of his life, to give him joy and to love him. My love for him will keep him warm and comfort him wherever he is.

I love you so much baby. We will be together someday. I need to cry now, be with me, the tears will pass, but your love will always stay with me.

Well my regret is that my LIFETIME relationship was turned into a SEASON for no REASON. However, I will still take the SEASON if it's all I can get. It was one hell of a season.

--Bob

Im having a hard time today, need to let out the tears again, just want to share this with you guys..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People come into your life for a REASON, a SEASON or a LIFETIME.

I second that, My lifetime has been through 8 years of happiness, joy, contentment. so short a time, just memories to cherish and a pillow to hug. Beautiful Lyn, I feel a huge brick on my chest, and the tears never stop to rest.

Love,

William

I agree Bob, i will still take the Season too to experience love all over again.

William, you ok now? A pillow to hug..same here..so sad, but gives me comfort at night feeling his love with me all the time.

Let out the tears, I am here for you.

Lyn,

I not sure if I ever be a-ok but above water, pillows sure have some meaning do they? I still keep Myrna's in a box, hope someday I can look at it and not feel grief but happiness. It doesn't feel like christmas, just a month. Thank you for being there to comfort me in this trying time.

Love,

William