Grief Healing Discussion Groups

William

Corinne

Hi Corinne, last night was strange, I was thinking also of the time I thought Myrna betrayed me by not allowing me to see her at hospice, all the time I feel anger and resentment. Isnt it odd how time passes and we think over the time they died, how it seems like a dream or nightmare? just a memorie, what happened to us now? did you get to feeling better today? I did take the meds late but I been down too, kinda in a daze, it just seems empty living each day with seemingly no real purpose than to exist.

love,

Hi William,

I for some reason am still reliving John's being missing and death. I think it may be that last week we had about 2 or 3 inches of snow and it has gotten colder here than it has been all winter. It is not just me but my 8 yr.old Kerri is missing her Dad also. She did come to me the other night and told me and she is very angry lately (which is not normal for her) she is answering me by screaming. It just breaks my heart when my girls are hurting. I just have to sit with her and hold her and talk very calm to her until she relaxes. Your feeling down lately could be because you were not taking your meds and the antidepressants got out of your system. Please stay on your meds you are a good friend and I do not want anything to happen to you.

Thank you for the update on Wendy's mom. I am keeping them in my prayers.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Corinne,

perhaps thats a normal action, we still havent dealt the blow that upsided our lives, but sometimes a day comes along where we revisit the good days and realize it is the past, I cried last night too, and mixed with anger, I have the reality hit also. How long has it been for you? my memory isnt so good lately, a child deals from what I read in a different way, but being its the worst kind of loss, she hasn't dealt with it, maybe in time when she will be able to communicate it better she will open up to you, is she seeing a therapist?

Because i missed my meds as much, i now have a social worker coming over daily to help me cope and change some negative behaviors, I admit its been difficult beyond words just to realized I am alone after 8 years, in 7 days I would have been married 9 years, life has robbed us of opportuities, but hopefully, things will look up, but in the interim, what big shoes to fill.

Love,

William

Hey you guys, just popping in for a moment before I go to bed. They have my Mom hydrated and they did another round of chemo today but are using a different kind hoping she will not have the same reaction as the last time. Her blood pressure does still keep going up though and tomorrow they are taking her down to same day surgery to put a port in her chest as her veins are getting so terrible and it is difficult for the phlebotomists ( I used to be one) to get a decent vein and it is very painful for her. I have to tell you though I have found that the nurses in the Oncology wing are very cold and nasty as compared to the other floors and my mother can't get them to do anything for her, she couldn't get a washcloth and towel this afternoon after asking for 2 1/2 hrs and once her chemo had finished she kept asking for someone to diconnect it as it was getting very painful and burning, it was even making her cry. Finally she screamed at them if someone didn't take it out she was going to rip it out herself ! If I didn't have to work fulltime I would be staying there around the clock as I am not happy with the care she is getting.

I am also dreading this thursday the 24th as it is my Steve's Birthday, and I know it is going to be rough. It doesn't help that I will be working and writing the date all day as a constant reminder. Oh well I am exhausted and need to go to bed now, talk to you all soon.

Love,

Wendy

Wendy,

Can you maybe go to your mother's doctor concerning this unconscionable treatment and see if he can't work with a different vendor for delivering this stuff, or at least slap someone upside the head over there?

My blood pressure would be rising if I were being treated like this, and it wouldn't be from the chemo. Someone might get strangled with an IV line, even.

--Bob

Hey you guys, just popping in for a moment before I go to bed. They have my Mom hydrated and they did another round of chemo today but are using a different kind hoping she will not have the same reaction as the last time. Her blood pressure does still keep going up though and tomorrow they are taking her down to same day surgery to put a port in her chest as her veins are getting so terrible and it is difficult for the phlebotomists ( I used to be one) to get a decent vein and it is very painful for her. I have to tell you though I have found that the nurses in the Oncology wing are very cold and nasty as compared to the other floors and my mother can't get them to do anything for her, she couldn't get a washcloth and towel this afternoon after asking for 2 1/2 hrs and once her chemo had finished she kept asking for someone to diconnect it as it was getting very painful and burning, it was even making her cry. Finally she screamed at them if someone didn't take it out she was going to rip it out herself ! If I didn't have to work fulltime I would be staying there around the clock as I am not happy with the care she is getting.

I am also dreading this thursday the 24th as it is my Steve's Birthday, and I know it is going to be rough. It doesn't help that I will be working and writing the date all day as a constant reminder. Oh well I am exhausted and need to go to bed now, talk to you all soon.

Love,

Wendy

Bob,

been there and done it too, nurses dont have proper training and manners anymore, Its a shame it has to come down to her getting upset to get assistance,

Wendy, is there a option to have in-home chemo? I heard of it, and maybe the ins will over it??

love,

William

Hey Wendy,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with the nurses. When Jimmy had his heart attack and his surgeries I found that it was the Drs. that were really rude. Unfortunately as my mom says the squeaky wheel gets the oil so someone needs to have a talk with them. You want me to come down and rough them up a bit. :ninja: I kind of liked Bob's idea with the IV line. There were a few Drs. I would have liked to used that on.

Hug & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

William,

Did you take your meds today? :ninja: Wendy does not need to be worrying about you right now!

Hugs& prayers, :wub:

Corinne

I had a friend who was in the hospital being treated for Pancreatitis. That evening in the hospital he experienced excruciating pain in this right lower abdomen. The pain spread. It got worse. He asked to have it looked at. No one could be bothered. Early the next morning his doctor came in, examined him, and said "it's just the Pancreatitis". By this time my friend is running a raging fever and his abdomen is hard as a drum.

"I think my appendix ruptured" said my friend. "It's not that, don't worry about it," said the doctor.

My friend, who is never one to take anything sitting down, managed to get the phone book out of his night stand, and found the first surgeon in the yellow pages, who happened to be at that hospital. It's 6 am and the surgeon happens to have come in early to shuffle paper, so he answers his own phone, thank God. My friend says, "I'm three floors above you in room 407. My appendix has ruptured and these idiots won't do anything about it. Can you come up here right away?" Twenty minutes later he was in surgery. His appendix had burst, sure enough, and he would have been dead an hour later.

Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.

--Bob

Bob,

been there and done it too, nurses dont have proper training and manners anymore, Its a shame it has to come down to her getting upset to get assistance,

Wendy, is there a option to have in-home chemo? I heard of it, and maybe the ins will over it??

love,

William