Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loved Ones Belongings

Karen,

You just reminded me of the time I had nail tips put on for a special occasion, I think it was a wedding. Well one of the tips came flying off and Steve said he had some crazy glue but to be careful. So I was very careful and he told me I should apply some pressure for a minute or so. Well this was my pointing finger so I used my middle finger on the same hand to press down. Now do this yourself to see how this looks ! Well you guessed it some glue seeped out and a minute later I realized my middle finger was stuck on top of my pointing finger !!! Well...when Steve looked over when I pointed out what had happened he got absolutely hysterical ! At the time I didn't think it was very funny, but now...I guess it's funny. LOL He had to put nail polish remover on a Q Tip and keep dabbibg it in between and pulling my fingers apart, which took awhile as he was laughing so hard he couldn't keep the Q Tip in the right spot !

Love,

Wendy

Wendy, the mental image is hysterical. Jack always used to laugh and shake his head at the silly things I used to do. I made him laugh a lot and I loved it. I think you and I might be quite a bit alike. Have a good day.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

You know, it is funny, now that you mention it Derek, because the other day I noticed a pen sitting on my headboard...it is the pen I used to write letters to George with in our courtship...every night I would write something. We got married, he died, I never did move the pen even though I've never used it since. Funny the things we leave the same so as not to deal with it...or maybe as a memorial to them of what was. I still have the two tiered wooden bowl he used to empty his pockets out into...some of his stuff is still there...a set of ear plugs, a tape measure, some ID, just stuff. I've never moved it, and thank God John is sensitive and unthreatened enough to let me deal with things little by little in my own time.