Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Year And One Week

Gail most definately the country !!! I grew up riding horses have had every type of pet you could imagine including skunks and rats and I even drive anywhere near the city and I have panic attacks as I just can't handle the traffic and the fast pace. I also have 7 Japanese Chins and I would never subject them to city living. So what type of a farm do you have? You are so lucky to have sons to take care of you, I have one daughter who is married and has a husband who doesn't know a wrench from a screwdriver and a daughter still at home who her main priority in life is her boyfriend an her Karate. I wish I had someone to help me with the house and yard, darn I wish now I had boys ! LOL

Love,

Wendy

Wendy we are cash croppers. Have a pigs in the barn but are slowly getting out because the amount of money we put in them for feed hydro propane just does not pay for them anymore. We grow corn. white beans, soya beans, winter wheat, spring wheat and barley. Between myself, my sons and two brother-in-laws we farm over 4000 acres. So it is quite a large farm. Thank God for the boy's and the brother-in-laws I know that I could not do this myself. I have 1 golden retrieve and 2 house cats so they keep me busy and yes a large yard that needs to be mowed and all my flower beds. Boy cann't wait the weather gets warm again and I can go outside and work in my yard. Like you I HATE driving any where around the city hate the traffic..like my 2 line roads around. Gail :wub:

You can keep the skunks and rats, but I too love country living! I was terrified of the city until I had to learn to drive in Portland (somewhat) to see my husband. Ugh, I remember feeling total panic the first few times. I still can't say as I love the city, but have gotten more used to it...as long as I have my mountaintop to come home to! :P