Grief Healing Discussion Groups

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hellow my friends how far from Greece is Arizona?I would like to meet you all some day .If the meeting takes place please send some fotos of all of you together.WE have a terrible weather in ATHENS the worst since 50 years.Snow is high even in the center of the city temperature is below 0 very unusual for Greece.people are not used to it so schools are closed shops are closed only a few super markets are operating.I need the energy of work cause having nothing to do my mind is on the life and love that has gone.Thank for beeing here for me.

Walt says there was an earthquake in Greece. I remember when I had my apartment on Loukianou in Athens the buildings shook during one of your quakes. Loved your country so much came back to live there a number of years ago. That's why I love Arizona. Some parts very similiar. Lets see, it's 2500 miles from Arizona to New York, another 2-3000 miles to Greece I think. Take care-

DoubleJo

Come on, people from AZ.....respond! A couple of you have, but I want the rest of you to. I am sorry that not everyone here could meet up! I would love to meet all of you.

Kathy and Tori...what is considered West Central Phoenix? West of Central?!?!? DUH!! In that case...I'm west of Central - extremely west, but west. Ha!

I missed you guys, too, Kath, but had to help out at work. Saved me money for gas and lunch and made a little at the same time. Did Jan tell you that I got promoted to the manager of the store?

Have the best day possible!

Hugs to all.

Patti

Patti, congratulations on your promotion!

Let's start with suggestions for a meeting location and see what we can come up with. The Big Apple at Indian School and 31st ave is well within my "comfort zone" as is the Villiage Inn at I-17 and Northern and Denny's at 35th and Bethany Home. (I might get a little more adventuresome if no freeways are involved :lol: ) All quite a bit East of Buckeye I know!LOL

The Big Apple has semi-private areas with adequate seating for larger groups and they're very seldom crowded. With the other two we'd have to avoid peak hours--particularly lunch time.

Timewise I could be available just about any time since I'm retired.

Any other suggestions?

Patti,

Jan did tell me about your promotion! Congrats girl!!

Tori,

All of the places you mentioned are really close to my house. I'm open to meeting just about anywhere. My work schedule changes from week to week, so I would have to plan.

I would also hope it would be more than the three of us, but I know it is a big step to take.

There might be some places in Avondale. Tori would just have to take Indian School, no freeways involved, or I could pick you up. (I am not a psycho, ask Patti)

Guest moparlicious

Hi!

I live in Glendale, but within the next 2 weeks moving to Phx. Let's get together!!!! I would love it. Weekends work for me. I work full time and go to school at night, so I am gone 12 to 16 hours a day. Kim :wub:

Weekends are best for me, too. Lets start planning for a Sat. in March. I'm going to need to plan, also, because I do work some Saturday's. Currently my grandsons are playing basketball in Surprise, so I go out there on Saturdays, but their last game is March 8th or 9th (which ever is a Sat.)

Anywhere you all want to go is fine with me....since pretty much EVERYWHERE in Arizona is "east of Buckeye". I don't have any issues with driving. And Kathy (Bebekat) is absolutely right - she's not a psycho!! She's very sweet!

Lets keep in touch and start planning and maybe by that time a few more people will respond. I KNOW there are more people on here from AZ. (Stalen?, John (Dusky)?....who else?)

Gotta get in the shower and ready for work. We will definately get this planned!!

Hugs to everyone!

Patti

I live in Apache Junction, but heck...I'll drive ALL the way to the West side to meet some new friends, especially friends who are feeling the pain I'm feeling. I work Mon-Fri, so weekends would be the only time I would be able to join all of you.

Love & hugs to all,

Reatha

Well, I think I'm the only one from the "far west valley" and I have no problem with driving to central Phoenix. I am thinking, tho, that I might have to wait until April....my March Saturday's are getting used up between my ex-husband coming into town to visit my daughter and grandkids. I'm scheduled to work a couple of Saturday's this month and since I've had every Sat. off for the last 2 months so I could attend my grandson's basketball games....I'm going to have to work.

I hope you all don't mind waiting.... (actually, you don't have to wait if you all don't want to....maybe we could meet AGAIN in April....) If people don't want to drive to meet some new friends, then I guess they don't have to. I would love to meet up with anyone that is interested.

We'll get something figured out!

Hugs.

Patti

• 2 weeks later...