Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I still would like to very much! Let's try for April 12th, since Kathy (Bebekat) has that day off. I am able to make my own schedule at work, now, so I will get that day off. I'm going to have to go back over these posts and see where it is people want to meet. Probably will be central Phoenix of some sort....

Have the best day possible!

Hugs.

Patti

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to meet all the people on this site. Let me know when might be a good time and I will certainly try to attend. I have not been on the site in the last couple weeks - sorry for the late reply.

John - Dusky is my handle on here.

Love you Jack

Guest moparlicious

Hi, All Saturdays are good for me, April 12th would be perfect. I am on 11th ave and greenway. Would love to meet you all!!!! Love, Kim

Patti, the Big Apple has several large tables that will accommodate 8 or 10 people easily. A small section is semi private since it is behind a half wall and has a large table plus booths.

There is also an even more private room sectioned off that the servers sometimes refer to as The Jail. It has a large table that will seat at least 8 and also has 2 (maybe three)booths.

The big Apple would be a good choice as it's easily accessible just West of I-17, it's bigger and isn't as overcrowded on weekends as many restaurants are. From 2PM on it's pretty quiet until the dinner crowd arrives.

Carol

Talk about coincidence. :D

My daughter just happened to be at the Big Apple as I was reading this; so I called her and asked her to find out for me.

They do take reservations and they only need a couple of days notice. As soon as we know how many to expect, I'll be happy to take care of the reservations since I'm in there at least a couple of times a week.

The address is 3101 W. Indian School Rd. It's on the SW corner of 31st ave and Indian School road. Easy access at the stop light. Here's a link to their website and a map for anyone that may need it. http://www.billjohnsons.com/

I'm in! And I look forward to meeting everyone too!

Carol

I appreciate your help, Tori! You know, I'm IN!! I would count Kathy (Bebekat) in. I will email her and I will try to email the others and see how many we can get to come. I would think it would be around 8-10.

So, let's say 1:30pm on Sat. 4/12 at Bill Johnson's Big Apple at 31st Ave. & Indian School. Sounds good to me!!

Have the best day possible.

Hugs!!

Patti

I wanted to put out there that if anyone wants to go but doesn't have a ride, I would be glad to pick you up. I live in Central Phx but don't mind driving a little. I have a friend from work that might come with me.

I'll try to check the board more often in case anyone needs a ride. B)

Tori - Thank you so much!!! I'm getting so excited and might I add, a bit nervous...... I guess it's anxious, not nervous.

I would have loved to have seen her face about the separate bills! That's too funny!!! :lol:

So...anyone that wants to join us is more than welcome!!

Gotta get off to work, so will chat again later.

Hugs to all! By the way...we DO need to make sure SOMEONE has a camera that we can take some pictures and post them on here for the others. I HAVE a camera, but I am by no means a "camera buff" plus I have no clue how to get them onto my computer. Maybe someone else can help us out on this?

Patti

By the way...we DO need to make sure SOMEONE has a camera that we can take some pictures and post them on here for the others. I HAVE a camera, but I am by no means a "camera buff" plus I have no clue how to get them onto my computer. Maybe someone else can help us out on this?

Patti

I will bring my digital camera.

--Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder for our get together on Saturday at 1:30.

My brother in law may come with me. He lost his wife last month and is having open heart surgery on the 18th so he could sure use some support too. He doesn't use a computer so he's a little leary since he doesn't quite understand how I can be looking forward to meeting people I've never met. A discussion board is a little difficult to describe to someone that has never used a computer. :D

The address is 3101 W. Indian School Rd. It's on the SW corner of 31st ave and Indian School road. Easy access at the stop light. Here's a link to their website and a map for anyone that may need it. http://www.billjohnsons.com/

Hope to see many of you there! Don't forget the camera Bob! ;)

Guest moparlicious

Hi all,

Count Moparlicious,AKA Kim in. Looking forward to meeting you and I hope it is ok I bring my daughter, I know this is for spouses, but she is my buddy and misses her dad alot. She brings me much joy and I know she will you also. Do we just ask for ???????? See you all this weekend, can't wait to meet you all, very exciting. Love, Kim :D:rolleyes::wub:

I'm glad you asked Kim. The reservation is in my name, Carol! I've requested the larger semi-private section on the west end of the building since we've had some additions and my daughter informed me today that she might join us too. :D

I hope everyone that's expressed an interest is able to make it! This is all new to me and I'm a little nervous. How will we recognize each other and remember each others names?

We could all wear those sticky name tags!?!?!?! Ha!! Just joking. I'm sure that we will get together just fine. We may just have to ask each other a few times what our names are. Personally, I'm very excited! We should bring a picture of our loved ones.....

Don't forget the camera, Desert Bob.

See you all around 1:30 today.

Hugs.

Patti

Guest moparlicious

Hi all,

Sorry I did not make it, woke up this morning very ill, with a fever. I missed you all very much. We should make this a monthly thing and try different locations or every other month. Love you all, Kim :D:wub:B):closedeyes:

We missed you, too, Kim! We kept looking for you... I very much enjoyed meeting everyone that came. It's nice to be able to put a face with a name when you're writing. We already talked about it and have all agreed to meet again. I'm not certain that I can do it monthly - with work and my other widow lunch, but would love to do it every other month or every couple of months; something like that.

I know that Bob has a picture of all of us. I'm sure he will get it on here soon.

Hugs to all.

Patti