Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Sad News

WendyJ

Well my friends as I have been sitting here dreading the one year anniversary of my dear Steve's death on March 7th I get a phone call tonight that my Grandmother has passed. Not the one with Alzheimers that lives with my Mom this is my Stepdads' Mom who was 96 years old and in a nursing home for the past 4 years with cancer and your typical old age problems. Although she was a strong German woman, she had a very sweet side to her and this is truly a sad day for our family. We had been told a couple days ago that she stopped eating and drinking so we were pretty sure it would be soon, I just find it strange that my family will be getting together again almost an exact year to the day for now another loss. Talk to you all soon.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Oh Wendy....we love you, care for you in all this. I'm so sorry. These losses are so overwhelming and just so hard. You know my heart goes out to you and your family. I've been praying every morning for your family...that you all have strength to face what may happen. Remember, lots of hugs, lots of love and rememberance of the wonderful things that have happened in your lives. Again, I'm so sorry for all your losses and the sadness in your hearts. Your very good and understanding friend....Karen :wub::wub:

Dear Wendy,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. Steve's anniversary is close to my mom's one year anniversary on March 4th. I lost my dad when I was 4 years old in 1974. Both of my grandmothers died in 2001 and 2003. My aunt, mom's twin and only sibling, died in 2004 of lung cancer. Honestly, I was close with all of them and I am not sure if any of this had settled in my heart. I now am also dreading the one year anniversary as well as it is a hard phase to go through.

Mike

Oh Wendy~

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I'm adding a few more tears in the puddle of mouring. Take care of youself. It is at this exact moment, as I wipe at the tears my dear sweet Tiny had the need to come and be petted. She was very insistant about looking at the computer screen so know you have her prayers and condolences as well.

This photo is an old one, but the eyes are so Tiny!

post-6081-1204158541_thumb.jpg

Thank You so much my dear friends who have responded. I will cherish the memories I had with her growing up and all the German traditions she taught us. She was a wonderful woman. Elizabeth please give Tiny a big hug and kiss from me, wow I love those huge eyes ! What a pretty cat she is !

Love and Hugs,

Wendy :wub:

I'll do that Wendy just as soon as Tiny gets over the dinner I presented to her (something different again!?!?!?) Would you believe Tiny was an ugly little mouse looking thing when she was born? Her birth mom never once touched her, so after the two hours I insisted we wait to pick her up, she was pretty bedraggled (my husband even had to cut her umbilical cord) she strongly resembled a drowned mouse in my opinion. My husband would beg to disagree, but he's loved her since the first moment he touched her, so he's biased. I've added one of her first baby photos and as you can tell the little mouse ran away and left me with this little cat. ;) Oh and she's my 8 lb. Alpha! :D

Take care of yourself! You're in my thoughts and prayers.

post-6081-1204257212_thumb.jpg

Oh Elizabeth she is gorgeous ! You have to show me an ugly mouse picture as by looking at this one it is hard to believe! Thanks so much again for all your thoughts and prayers, we will be having the service tomorrow. There will not be a burial as she wishes to have her ashes mixed with Grandpa Malls from a few years ago and have their ashes sprinkled up on their 100 acres in Vermont that was sold years ago. That aught to be funny seeing my stepdad and uncle sneaking on the property to do that. They surveyed it so they say they will not have a problem, I would still love to see that!

Love,

Wendy

Oh jeez, about sneaking onto the old property. Seems to me there must be some legal loophole that would allow you to do that, though I'm sure the two of them taking care of it, is the simplest answer.

Oh, sorry I don't have any ugly mouse photos of Tiny. I guess because of the risks involved in trying to raise a newborn kitten, not to mention the effort, we didn't take photos her when she was brand new. Trust me I'm sorry about it now, because if I had them I could prove my case. But this is the very kitten whom I took to work with me and someone tried to tell me I hadn't cleaned her off well enough, because she had what would become a "cream" spot between her eyes on the bridge of her nose. I can't tell you how many times I wiped her head trying to get it clean!

Oh and I forgot to mention, Tiny loved the extra love-ins!

post-6081-1204408694_thumb.jpg

Elizabeth,

I had to laugh about Tiny's spot! One of my babies had a black spot (he's orange) on his forehead and I thought it was grease. I tried cleaning that spot with everthing I could think of until I realized (duh!) it was a permanent marking! Poor little guy....I just about rubbed his fur off. What an absolute cutie Tiny is!

Hugs,

Shell

Edited by shell