Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Ugh!

Guest moparlicious

Guest moparlicious

Hi everyone,

Today as some of you know me, is 7 months my beloved Dan died and I am having a really hard night. I know I have posts on here and don't mean to be a pain, thats what I really feel right now,pain, heartache, frustration and sorrow. I am so blessed to have all of you here to let me be me. Thanks. Love, Kim

I just want to tell you Iknow the feeling.I wish all of us here found each other in differend situations .I hope that you and every one in this site find a kind of happines and pain is less than now.Do you have friends and children close to you? My family is a support but the as you say heartache is my reality.I Think of you. Love from far away .TENY

Kim,

There is no need for you to feel like you are being a pain on here that is what we are all here for to help you lessen your pain. It’s good that you post on here exactly what you’re feeling rather than keeping it bottled in. I have so many days where I just want to come here and post and cry but I don’t know what words to use and I think to myself everyone here is going through the same thing I don’t want to be a bother also so I just read what others are saying and I know everyone here is wonderful and can help me but I too don’t want to be a pain. It’s so much easier to tell others to come here and post their feelings than for me to actually take my own advice.

I am sorry you are having a hard time approaching the 7 month it will be 4 months tomorrow for me and I also am having a hard time. Everyone keeps saying give it time it will get better but it seems to be getting harder every month that goes by. I wish the best for all of us here that our lives will start to get a little brighter.

Love,

Marlene

Kim, this particular point in your journey is particularly hard for most of us, it's about the time when the shock wears off and reality sets in and everyone's gone home to their lives and we're left with out altered one to deal with. Do not ever feel apologetic for what you are feeling, please feel free to post whatever is on your mind, that's what we're here for. Just know that it will get better to deal with in time and the intensity will eventually lessen. We're here for you...

Kim,

You feel what you feel and that is ok. You are not a pain to us here we have all been through it, we have been there. I think a lot of us get into the rut of "I should be feeling better by now" but 7 months like Kay said is when I think the shock starts to wear off and we start to really realize what we have lost. Just hang in there, the next months will feel like you are going backwards but in the end you will come out of it with a whole new perspective and life will begin to change and get better. Tuesday of the week would have been our 13th anniversary and I went through that day and was ok, I didn't forget that I wasn't sad except for a moment what went through my mind was the time that I was blessed to have spent with her, and how much my lif was enriched. I will be two years since she died on April 6th. Last year at this time I was dreading every moment of it and couldn't wait to get past that day. As I sit here and type this, it is hard to believe that 2 years have almost gone by, but I don't dread that day this year. Instead I just think of the happy memories we had together, My son and I will visit the grave and put some flowers out but than that my regular activities will go on. This doesn't mean I have forgotten her or fell less about her. It just means that I am honering what I know that she would want me to do and that is to live my life and be happy.

Love always

Derek

Guest moparlicious

Thank you everyone for all your support and making me feel better. Derek, you have such a amazing way of writing and I think of you and your son, and it is so great to have so many wonderful friends like you in my life. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Kim

Derek!! You have come such a long way! I remember when you first posted on here - I was already more than a year ahead of you. I lost Charlie 3 years and 4 months ago - crazy to think about how fast time has gone. I was glad to read, in your post, that you and your son are moving along in life. I most certainly am too - guess we don't have any choice. I used to go out onto the back porch and talk with him and cry, but now it's not very often that I do that. As you said, it's not that I have forgotten or feel anything less for him; it's just what he wanted me to do and it's what you do, eventually. You move on.

I think it's good that us "more experienced" people are still posting once in a while on here because it shows the new people that things really do get "better" eventually. I can say for certain that none of us like it, but it's the way life is.

I hope everyone has the best day possible and Happy Easter to all of you!!!

Hugs.

Patti

Guest moparlicious

Patti,

Thank you very much for your post, waterworks are flowing again today.Another first holiday without my Dan. Going to in laws house, and have not been there since Dan has passed, I am feeling so much anxiety and I am so scared, for this house has so many reminders, I am really feeling nervous. I don't know why. I was with him for 24 years and we were together since high school. The first step through the door will be a big step!!!! Thanks again to all who post and help me everyday in life and continue to help me through this incredibly hard journey. I love you guys, Kim :rolleyes: