Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Alzheimers And Dementia

Marty what a wonderful idea, thank you ! I was wondering if anyone else has an elderly parent or grandparent with severe memory loss? Some days my grandmother is not as bad as others but she lives with my mother who is battling cancer right now and my grandmother can ask the same questions over and over and over and not remember a thing, it really is so hard to watch and so sad. She is starting to forget who certain members of the family are and at times wakes my mother up during the night and asks her if she is going home to her house. She is going to be 93 this June and she helped raise me so it is so difficult to watch her like this.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy,

My mom had dementia and it is one of the hardest things I've ever been through. Seeing someone you love and are so close to change into, sometimes, almost a stranger is heartbreaking. The only thing I can tell you is to read as much as you can about it, because there are many, many changes, not just forgetting things. Being prepared for them will help a little. I really feel for you...it's such a terrible disease. Hang in there as best as you can. You have so much on your plate, with your mother being ill too.

A big hug,

Shell