I Need Some Help

BrinnJ21

How to cope?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How to cope?

• Online chat
    • Books
    • Friends

I just need someone to talk to. I had to put my dog down tonight, and it was one of the hardest things that I have ever done. He was 12 years old, but I got him from the humane society and have had him for about 9 years. He was the most gentle spirit. He loved other dogs and had a heart of gold. Whenever I cried he licked the teardrops off my cheeks. I miss him so much and he has only been gone for 5 hours. I don't know how I am going to make it through the day tomorrow. Before I went to the vet, I left work so distraught that I couldn't even type. When I got to the vet they asked me if I wanted to be in the room with him. I said "yes." After they gave him the injection he died in my arms and I left the vet barely able to drive. I didn't want to have to let him go or have to make the decision. He had arthritis, but was still able to move about. He took Duramax for the pain. Then suddenly, about five days ago, he couldn't get up and had lost control of his motor functions. His legs became crippled and he whinned. When he went to the vet they gave him some Prednisone, and said that if it didn't take effect in a couple of days that it would be humane to put him down. I didn't like the idea of parting with my friend, but I couldn't bear to watch him suffer anymore. The vet said that it was probably something in his spine, either a disc or a tumor, which caused him to deteriorate so quickly, but the chances of a successful surgery were slim and even then he is an old dog.

Anyways I just need some coping solutions. Thanks, BrinnJ21