Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Special Days

It will be his birthday tomorrow. I barely cried the past month but was very anxious about his coming birthday and the coming first year of his death next week. But now as I write this, I couldnt help the tears from flowing again. I think I need your strength and prayers my friends to help me get through the coming days..Thank you.

Lyn, I wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Birthdays, anniversaries bring with them sweet memories of the time you had together and of course, the sadness that goes along with it. My Larry died Nov. 16 and his birthday is Nov.17 over two years ago. But those two days together are hard. Just take it one step at a time. Deborah

Lyn,

Let yourself cry on your husband's birthday. Your tears show your love, and you'll feel better by venting the sadness. But the day may go a little easier for you if you also see it in a positive light - celebrate the fact that he was born and thus able to bring so much love and joy into your life. If you focus only on your loss and not on the happiness you had through and with him, that's only half the story.

Doing this helped me get through this past May 27th, the first birthday my husband didn't get to celebrate. I hope it might help you too.

Peace,

Kathy

Lyn,

It is hard when we go through those memorable days...birthday, anniversary, death date...for myself, June is a hard month, George's birthday is the 14th and he died on the 19th which was also Father's Day that year. Just be kind to yourself and not have any expectation, if you feel like crying, cry, if you want to be alone and contemplate, do so, if you want to surround yourself with family and friends, do that...but take the day the way you feel like handling it. My prayers are with you tomorrow...

Love,

KayC

Lyn

My husdand's birthday was Sunday, I thought it would be hard.

howver it was such a great day. I let his ashes go, me and my

granddaughter and honored what he wanted, it has not been 3 months yet

and i feel good about what I did and how I honored him. I know everyone is

not the same. I have my times like today, I cried all day missing him.

I know he is in my heart and will always be watching over me. Some days are just feeling days. As you told me to do what I have to do and take care of myself which I have been trying to do. I ask you to do the same.

My heart goes out to you and I will keep you in my prayers.

Feel what you must then move on if you can

Love you all

jackie

Its' an interesting thing. The building up towards those special new days often are harder than the day itself. We think of all the memories and how we feel inside but when the actual day comes it surprises us that its' really just another day. What occurred already happened. It won't happen on that day, or the day after. It makes a time marker that also places a time barrier between a present and a past.

Its' hard. Hang in there DoubleJo

Lyn,

DoubleJo said exactly what I was going to say. It really is true, the firsts are always hard as I just went thru mine all in a row with Steve's birthday, the anniversary of his death and then the anniversaries from when we met and then officially started dating and then our wedding anniversary. And I do have to tell you the anticipation of the day is worse than the day itself. Do things on those days to keep you busy and you will be okay, hang in there kiddo ! We are here for you if you need us.

Love You,

Wendy :wub:

Wow...seems like a lot of birthdays in June. My husband's birthday was this past Tues. (6/10) - he would have been 50. I went to the store and bought a colored balloon, brought it home and wrote a happy birthday message to him on the balloon, took it out in my backyard and talked with him for a few, then let it go.

What would have been our 19th wedding anniversary is this Tues. (17th). I have some old anniversary cards that he gave me and I will probably read a couple of them and cry. That's what I usually do on our anniversary.... BUT I will be fine afterwards.

Hugs to all of you!!!!! Got to get myself to work.

Take care and have the best day possible.

Patti