Grief Healing Discussion Groups

May I Ask For A Prayer For My Mom Tonight ?

Good Evening my friends,I need a favor please. As most of you know my Mom has been battling cancer and had to stop treatment of the radiation as it was effecting her Lupus and giving her heart problems. She had her PET scan on Tuesday and tomorrow we find out the results and I am scared to death. As you know as it is they had only predicted a 30% chance survival rate but that was with finishing the radiation after the chemo, which she could not do. I may need your support through this and I ask that if you can could you please say a prayer for her tonight as you have done for her before ? Thanks so much !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

My friend, Wendy

Of course, all my prayers are with your mother and you. I pray things will be better and that you all remain strong. As you have done for so many people here, I am with you. Take care of yourself so you can be strong for her. I know you love her so much and it's so hard. Please tell her she has so many praying for her. Take care and let us know what happens.

Love, Karen :wub:

((((((Wendy & Mom))))))

You can count on my prayers and all good thoughts for whatever is ahead.

Yep Karen is right.. keep taking care of you as best you can. I believe you will have whatever you need to face whatever the results are tomorrow.

Keep us posted and please come and vent to us here whenever you need to.

This is real hard.

leeann

Just know that when you get those results tomorrow that I am sitting right next to you in spirit (as I'm sure all of us are). If you need a hand to squeeze go ahead and do it and remember we'll all be waiting here for you with our ((((hugs))).

Mary Linda

Wendy,

I will absolutely pray for you and your Mom for the best news possible and to provide you the strength to manage everything that is going on in your life. Be sure to let us know how things went when you have a chance.

--Mark

DEAR WENDY Iwill pray for you and your mother.The 15 of this month is the bigest holiday for the orthodox church.It is like summer christmas.In the island of tinos the cathidral dedicated to Virgin Mary celebrates for a week and people around the world are visiting.People that visit believe in miracles and thre is proof of people healing by praying in the church.I will not be there but Il pray for you that particular day.Your friend from far away TENY.When are you planing to come? did you read my answerto your post?

Wendy,

We surely will pray for your mom...and you too! :closedeyes:

Love,

KayC

Thank you all so much my dear friends, her appointment was at 10:30 with her oncologist and I still have not heard anything as of yet. I am sitting here at work on pins and needles, gosh everyone please keep praying !

Love You,

How can I thank you all enough for all your prayers as for now they have worked ! I am so hopeful now as it is good news, her PET scan was cancer free ! If you could have heard my mother's voice how happy and stress free it was when I talked to her you would know why I am crying happy tears as I write this. Now don't forget she had only a 30% survival rate and it is less because she could not finish the radiation so this may still come back but we will take this one day at a time and for now we can celebrate ! Thank you all so much for your prayers !!!

Love,

Oh Wendy, that is such wonderful news! We celebrate with you! You'll have to take your mom dancing!! :P (That's what George always used to tell my mom - she's 86)

Love,

KayC

Oh,great and wonderful news. Prayer really works. Bless your hearts. You can rest easy if just for tonight....taking one day at a time is good. We mostly do that anyway. Have a good weekend and take care.

Love, Karen :wub:

Oh Wendy, I am so happy for you. Yes you know it may come back at any time but all we have is time so enjoy every moment as if it were the last and there will be no regrets. Sorrow maybe but no regrets. For now enjoy a good nights sleep. (Which by the way for the first time in over 6 months I realized I didn't wake up crying in the night at all last week so I guess that is progress for me) The post is about you though, but I had to share. I hope there will be many more negative PET scans.

Mary Linda

Thank you all, how can I ever thank you for being here for me when I needed you so much ? I know your prayers helped her, you all mean the world to me. I certainly hope things start to get better from this point as we are all alittle tired and need the rest and to be able to breathe for awhile. Jackie please tell us about your Mom and her cancer.

Love,

Thanks so much again to everyone! I have a question though, is it normal to be happy and excited but to not allow yourself to get too excited, almost in a way to protect yourself from a possible upcoming let down? I have had so many things happen just before and after Steve passed that I am almost afraid to be happy for fear of more pain. Since the wonderful news though I have been more depressed about Steve being gone so I wonder if maybe my attention was more focused on my Mom and my emotions for Steve were maybe put on the back burner? Sorry, I know this sounds confusing and I hope I am making sense.

Love,

Wendy

The whole time that my husband Alex was in the hospital, he had good days and bad days. And no matter how good the days were and sometimes I almost thought that he would recover; I never allowed myself to get ahead of myself and think that things were great, because I knew that, and this is just how I feel, not that you should feel this way, things could change. You know the saying: "expectations lead to upset". We all have to be happy and excited for the little time that we are. There is nothing wrong is protecting ourselves from a let down. I know there were times that I would leave Alex's room and he would be great and just from the morning to the afternoon his condition would change. And there is nothing wrong in you focusing your attention on your mom instead of your emotions for Steve. In fact, that is the healing process. Your mom right now needs you. Steve is at peace and happy.

God Bless you.

Jeanne