Grief Healing Discussion Groups

May I Ask For A Prayer For My Mom Tonight ?

Wendy,

It's not confusing for me. We were on such a roller coaster for so long, that we stopped getting excited when Carol's lymphoma would be "quiet" for a little while (even the doctors avoided the term remission in Carol's case, because it had a history of coming back quickly). We were protecting ourselves from a "false hope". Don't get me wrong, we tried to remain optimistic and positive, but we also exercised some caution and tried to remain hopeful, but realistic.

As far as focusing your attention on your Mom, I agree with Jeanne. Sometimes we need a diversion just to make it through each day. Does that mean we're only postponing our emotions to a later time? Maybe and maybe not. I can tell you that this morning, I don't know what happened to me, but I experienced a lot of overwhelming emotion that I haven't had for several weeks. I tried to take a dose of my own medicine and tried to think of some memorable times we had. However, those images and thoughts of Carol's last few minutes just kept coming back. I was telecommuting today and thankfully my work got so overwhelming that it provided the diversion I needed. I just don't think that is a bad thing. Hang in there.

Thanks so much Mark, you are lucky you can telecommute like that, sometimes it really helps like when you needed to be with Carol while she was ill. My problem is lately I have had too many diversions and I just need some normalcy to my life again. My daughter leaves this Sunday for a week for karate camp in which she gets her black belt and then she said she will be home for a couple weeks and then she will be moving out for good. See I not only found out she is moving out to get an apartment with her 18 year old boyfriend but she has also gotten engaged to him. Long story, not happy about this but what are you going to do ...right? So in a few short weeks I have to get used to being on my own, something I have never had to do in my life. But I guess like everyone else here I will get by somehow with the help of friends and family but I am not happy about this one bit and scared to death to be perfectly honest. I guess life must go on right?

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Hey Wendy,

There just aren't any words. What I will do is pray that you will get the strength you need. You have a lot of friends in this group that you can lean on.

Take care, Mark

Wendy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through so much. I am very happy for your mom! I pray you can share in your daughter's happiness too as life will undoubtedly present her with so many challenges ahead...as we have all learned. She will do what she will do, regardless...those of us who've had kids that age have learned that. Right now I pray she and her boyfriend will mature enough to realize you need them and they will be there for you from time to time...and that also other family and friends will think of you and be there for you. You will make it through this Wendy, I don't like living alone either, but life often seems to want that for me. Take care of yourself...try to think of the good things...you don't have to share your Doritos and ice cream with anyone! And you can wear whatever you want around the house! And no one will notice the cobwebs or if you stay in your jammies until noon! There are GOOD things about living alone sometimes! If you can't sleep you can get up and do whatever you want at 2:00 in the morning and don't have to worry about waking anyone up! (Get up and post, someone else will be awake.)

We love you,

KayC

Oh Kay you gave me a good laugh, thanks so much but I have a question for you? Have you been peeking in my windows seeing me eating Doritos and Ice Cream in my jammies during the day? You are such a wonderful person and have always given me such good advice, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Love you,

Wendy :wub: