Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Year Already

Guest moparlicious

Guest moparlicious

Thank you so much to all I love you all so much!!!!! I apprecaite all this support. I can't make it through today without you all. I am having a really hard day, thought I'd do better, remaining strong, but the tears are flowing. I ache all over from the pain I feel, I miss him so much and know he will remain in my heart forever. I am so blessed to have all of you, you all are my foundation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you, Kim

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kim,

I'm sorry I haven't been posting too much lately. I'm sorry, also, that you're having a hard time - it's just very, very difficult to keep on going when you're down in the dumps. Getting through these last 3 years without Jack hasn't been easy, but we just have to keep going on. I can tell you that, believe it or not, it does get better. It's probably that we just get used to it. Most of the time, now, when I think about Jack I feel my heart smiling and so happy that I had him for a while. I would never have known this kind of love and caring if he wasn't in my life. Just do the best you can and isn't it great that we have so many understanding people to talk to. Take care.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Kim I am here for you today just as I said I would be. Remember what I said, try to keep busy, get out of the house and later maybe you can do something very special for him like lighting a candle etc. I will be checking in all day and you can email me privately if you wish. I wish I could take you out someplace tonight like for a movie and a drink or a bite to eat but since we live far away that can't happen, but just remember we are all thinking of you and you will get through this day despite the date, just remember it is just a regular day.

Love You,

Wendy :wub:

Kim,

Just checking in with you...try to do something you normally might like to today, spend time with a friend, eat out, anything to occupy your mind. At the end of the day you will have made it through this too.

We love you and are thinking of you!

KayC

Guest moparlicious

Wow you all are so very special to me and the response and support on here was fantastic. My day started out with vomiting and tears, as it progressed I hung out with my niece and her fiance(he was in the room when my husband died too) we went out to Applebee's had lunch, talked, several family members called. I went to the church where we had the memorial last year and talked to him, talked to him throughout the day. Yes, the day was really hard and bad, I was so sad. All of you on this thread were so supportive and without each and every one of you I would not have been able to make it. You all cared way more than some of my friends I have had for 20 years. Wendy, thank you so much for your kind words and ideas, I was born in N.J. and miss it alot, no one there anymore. Lived there till I was 16. I was born in Montclair and lived in a tiny town called Wood-Ridge(bergen co) Thank you doesn't even begin to describe how I feel, I love you all you are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kim

Kim I am glad you got through the day, if I had known you were a Jersey girl like me then I would have had even more confidence in you ! Us Jersey girls even though we don't like to admit it are a tough breed. Let me guess, you married a biker too?

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Guest moparlicious

Wendy and Mike,

Yes Jersey girls are tough, no softies, was never a girlie girl, love Nascar, dirt bikes, crotch rocket motorcycles, big trucks, ha ha. Thats awesome!!!! Dan did not own a bike but he loved to ride, had tats and was a real desert and outdoorsman. A hunter, and amazing catfish fisherman!!!!! I can't thank you all enough, I hope you all know how special each and everyone of you are. I have new friends from the west to the east and north to the south and never ever will I forget my dear and true friend in Greece(Teny) Although we all met her under horrible circumstances, it is the life we have been given and we are the only ones who can make a difference in it. I count each and everyone of you as a angel and a blessing. Thank God for you ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Kim :wub:

Bless your heart, Kim, you have a great big one. Please look at your life as a loving one, a giving one, and a passionate one. You have the background for all of that with the love that you've had. Bless your heart.

Your friend, Karen :wub:

Guest moparlicious

hey all,

Just want to let you know we did not have the memorial this past weekend for my sis in law(has lymphoma) and she is in the hospital again, we are trying for this weekend only if sis gets out of hospital. She does chemo, one week on and one week off, she has to go everyday for that week that she has chemo. They found out she is allergic to the chemo, so what other options are there???? No one knows at this point. This is very scary and heartbreaking for my beloved husband(her brother) has been gone now, a little over a year. Please pray for my family as I need strength and wisdom in this hard journey!!!!! Love you all, Kim

In a way I'm glad you didn't get to have it because it sounds like you were under enough stress last week. Don't push yourself. Do it when you feel like you can not when you think you should.

I'm taking it that this is a sister-in-law that you get along with. I'm sure that has to be hard on you too.

Hope things go OK for you this week.

I'll have you and your sister-n-law in my prayers.

Mary Linda

Guest moparlicious

Mary Linda,

Thank you for your kindness and care. Yes, this is the sister in law who I get along with very, very well!!! We are super close and I love her so much. She passed out with low blood pressure and now has a rash from head to toe,she is allergic to the chemo, so they will change it again.Here we go once again to life of Hell!!!!! I do thank you for your concern. Love, Kim

Oh Kim,

I am so sorry! It seems like things just keep coming at you, but I know eventually it will slow down. I will keep you and your sister-in-law in my prayers. What is her name?

Love,

KayC

Guest moparlicious

KayC,

I am trying to remain positive in life, my sunshine was taken away but I have to keep on going and fighting for if I don't the world will let me down, for I am the only one who can change what my outcome on life will be. I am living for today, for tommarow may never come. Her name is Pam, she got to go home, but we have had many tears of frustration and sadness. I love you with all my heart,you all have been very supportive and true and loyal friends. Without this web site and most importantly without all of you, I would not want to or be here today!!!!!!!!! Remember, you all have made a difference in my life. Love, Kim :wub:

Guest moparlicious

I just want to tell each and every one of you thank you for many things.

1. Thank you for your kindness

2. Thank you for being my friend

3. Thank you for being here for me every day 24 hours a day

I am so lucky and blessed to have all of you in my life,no one knows what we have to go through every day. I mean this from the bottom of my heart,I would not be alive today if it had not been for all of you, for I wanted to give up and I wanted to be with my Dan so bad, I did not know how I was going to go on with life. Not a day goes by my children and I do not miss him and we will forever miss him. I still cry for him every day, but I know I have many giving and caring hearts going through the same thing.My children, God and all of you give me a reason to wake up in the morning and face the world. Yes, some days it is so lonely and filled with despair and then I log on my computer and know I have many people who love me, for me. My "friends" think I should get over it, when anyone figures out what "IT" is please let me know. I love you all my angels.Kim :D

Dear Kim, I just read your last post and it was almost as though you were sitting here in my kitchen talking because I could just feel the pain and sadness and that heartfelt gratitude...you're right-the friends here make life

a little more bearable...no lecturing or analyzing - just listening and

hearing and comforting - My thoughts are with you and Pam. Lily

Oh Kim, we will keep Pam in our prayers. I know all too well how you feel about this site, for when my George died, I didn't want to go on either, and if it wasn't for this site I shudder to think how I would have handled things...as it is, I haven't made the best decisions, but I've tried. It's too bad there isn't a handbook that tells you what to do when your spouse dies! The people here on this site have meant the world to me and have gotten me through each and every day. Some people ask me why I still come here, after all this time, like I should feel guilty or a failure for not being "over it" and "moving on" better, but I tell them, these people are my family and friends.

Guest moparlicious

I will never stop coming here and people can ask away.I don't care and don't owe them any explanations, to me THEY are the outsiders. You all complete me!!!! Love, Kim

Kim: Know that as you cry your eyes out- and you are very much allowed to do that!- your pain is shared. Another day gone by, another day to adjust.

Keep goin! DoubleJo

Oh Kim, we will keep Pam in our prayers. I know all too well how you feel about this site, for when my George died, I didn't want to go on either, and if it wasn't for this site I shudder to think how I would have handled things...as it is, I haven't made the best decisions, but I've tried. It's too bad there isn't a handbook that tells you what to do when your spouse dies! The people here on this site have meant the world to me and have gotten me through each and every day. Some people ask me why I still come here, after all this time, like I should feel guilty or a failure for not being "over it" and "moving on" better, but I tell them, these people are my family and friends.

People think because someone died the situation is now over. No- its' just beginning. All the adjusting and heartwork has just begun. "All this time" is barely the amount of time spent with our loved one during their lives. People's perspective is distorted. One doesn't "move on" as if someone didn't exist. This isn't a schoolmate we lost touch with over the years. We need to move "through", getting to the other side, carrying our load with us but adjusting it so we can carry it more easily. This was, after all, the person we bonded with and chose, lived each and every day with, fighting together all that life brought our way.

Someday these people may understand, and if they don't, well. then they weren't lucky enough to have this special experience with another person.

DoubleJo

Guest moparlicious

I love you guys sooooooo much, I feel so tearful tonight and Im sitting here crying my eyes out. I miss my Dan so much and feel empty without him. We had our 1 year family gathering in Dans honor this weekend. It went well. We released 12 balloons for him 10 yellow(his favorite color) and 2 green( green ribbon represents organ, tissue and eye donation) we all tied messages and released them together. We watched them till Dan reached out and grabbed them. It was a truly moving moment for me and I cried. Some days I feel as I can't breathe and long for him so much, for he is forever in my heart. Love, Kim