Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Friday was our 10, I have more feelings today how I miss my Baby.

He really tried to make it till 10 howerer he did not. we were together for 16 this is diffiult. My mother is sick with Cancer and getting worse. I know God does not put more than you can take on you. However this is very hard watching her, and knowing what is next, my siblings look to me aldo9 I am the youngest they know I have been through this 2 times. It is hard for me to tell them the truth. However I have to. This is tearing me apart. I went back to work this week and I am happy now 6 months yes however i feel good.

Please give me some feed back on MOM.

Miss you all and Love you all

Jackie from Philly <_<

Jackie,

I am so sorry that you have to be facing this with your Mother in addition to the grief you are already experiencing. My mother passed away from cancer in 2003 and I had my husband to lean on during that time. It seems to me that this is a time when your sibilings should be of support to you instead of the other way around. Maybe you can express to them how hard this is for you. I am praying for you this very minute..."Father supply Jackie with the strength she needs in her Mother's illness and the wisdom she needs in dealing with her siblings. Amen.

Keep posting and know the people that visit this site understand and support you.

(((Sherry)))

Jackie,

How did you make it through your anniversary? I agree that your siblings need to be of support to you, it's hard to go through so much alone. Try to enlist their help with mom as much as possible, can they help with rides to the doctor, calling and visiting her, etc?

My mom is nuts and combined with aging (86) is getting progressively worse to deal with. My siblings and I are in close touch about how to handle things, how to respond, what to do, and we share support of her and of each other, it really helps.

Jackie I certainly do know how you are feeling, I have been through it also. I lost my dear husband Steve very unexpectedly March 7th 2007. 6 months later my mom was getting sicker and sicker, the doctors not sure what was going on with her. Finally she had to be hospitalized and went from ER to a regular room to ICU to CCU where we almost lost her. My sister and I had eachother for support, but it was hell...we are very close to my Mom. Well they found out she had Lupus and started treating her and she started to get better but they wanted her back after the Holidays for testing as they suspected cancer. Well she had cancer alright, never found a mass anyplace even though the cancer had traveled to her Lymph nodes and giving her history of smoking determined it to be lung cancer. She went through the Chemo and then started the radiation but could not finish because of it effecting her heart because of the Lupus. This whole time was a living hell for her and for us having just lost Steve and him not there for support. As of right now her tests are very good, but since her chances of it coming back are very high especially giving the fact she could not finish the Chemo we are trying to be very optimistic yet watchful. Just hang in there, be strong for your mom and come here for support when you need it, this group got me through it all as they are wonderful. Best of luck to you and your mom.

Love,

Wendy :wub: