Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Been Awhile

Hi All, Especially Kay, I got your message, well, I don't know where to begin, I been in the sidelines for quite some time now, coping and continually changing things that wisp by in my life, some bad times and some good, of course some of you know I tend to just keep to myself and try to tackle everything quietly, its been 18 months now since I lost the love of my life, now rebuilding my life and the pain I suffered, well I bring things up to date, at first I had a difficult time even to post this, perhaps hearing it may went to fast? I met a wonderful gal in April after a few mishaps, and we have been together since then, with the challenges of a new relationship and personality was not easy for the first few months, I was clueless! I spoke of Myrna, kept trinkets, pictures, etc, not knowing it was bothering her. but she stood by me, with Wendy there with me all along, I wouldn't know what do do with a woman's advice, lately my health was suffering, but seems to get better with therapy, you know what it feels to only feel miserable for so long, then suddenly life is renewed? Life is a transition of heart, mind and soul, to prepare us for the new things we are prepared for. Right now, I don't know how to reach out and help others, I want to, but fear cripples me,not sure how to offer something. Am I alone in this?

Love,

William

William you will never be alone in anything as you and I will always be here for eachother. You have been through a tough time, but you have been overcoming it very well and we will get alot of this straightened out soon. I think Denise has been good for you in alot of ways... but like you tell me, take it slow and take your time right? Please don't ever be afraid to post here, think back William..this is your family here, we have all been through this together and are all still here posting. Myself one minute I am responding to wonderful well wishes about myself and Fred and the next I am upset as my little family is broken apart now and the Holidays will never be the same. That is something all of us here are going through not just me. I know this was a big step for you to post again but remember we have not been the same without you, so please my friend keep coming back okay? Talk to you later....

Love You,

Wendy :wub:

William,

Good to hear fron you again. Don't seel yourself short, you have pleanty to offer. As for the things you are keeping, to me that is something you should be able to do. She should understand that Myrna was a big part of your life and helped to shape you to who you are today. I have a son and if I ever find myself with someone, they will have to understand that there will be things around of Karen's, mainly because I don't wnat for my son to forget his mother, but also because if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Anyway, some food for thought. Good to see yo here again.

Love always

Derek

Guest moparlicious

William,

Hip hip horray your back and you have been missed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your presence is always welcome and wanted. You will always be missed, you are a true and loyal friend. Glad to hear you are in a relationship which makes you happy my friend. I am sorry we lost touch, for you have a heart of gold and a amazing spirt.Keep your head up and remember we are all here for you!!! Your friend, Kim :wub:

SO much warmth here, I feel like home again, nice to hear from old friends, Derek, how have you been, that's very important for a child always to remember their mother no matter what, I had to take down some pictures for respect for her but gradually she came to accept it, but not knowing it bothered her sometimes, wasnt easy trying to figure out to keep a happy medium.

Kim, congrats on your graduation, its been awhile since we spoke but you seem happier now and doing well. I always think that our dear ones are rooting for us and keeping us upright, though it doenst always seem that way doesnt it?

Wendy, well, I had alot of inspiration from you not to settle to fast and rest but wait patiently for the "right" one to come in my life, not just for being lonely but the long term, right now I am attempting to break the habit and reach out rather being withdrawn.

love ya all :)

William

Oh William,

It's SO good to hear from you again! I've been wondering about you, and it's good to hear you're doing well. I'm glad you have someone (another Wendy!), how special is that!

You will help people with what you have been through, it'll just come. Talk with your lady and maybe share with her that Myrna would have been someone she would have liked and you feel the need to keep her memory alive, just as you would with her if you lost her. Maybe some of the things can be put away, but you shouldn't have to put all of it away...I still have some things about...maybe things not so obvious but things that remind me of him...I try to be careful about it, but not apologetic either.

Good luck to you! And let us hear from you now and then!

Hey William, glad you´re back! Don´t move off so quick and forget us (lol). We all know what it is like to be miserable for so long and some of us are just learning what it is like to have life renewed. We can all certainly learn from each other´s experience, so just in sharing, you are helping us all. I agree with everyone else about not putting all of your treasures of life with Myrna away. Somehow I can imagine that it is very difficult for Denise to understand what you have and are going through, but she should try to understand that your love for and life with Myrna are a major factor in who you are today, and that you are still grieving. Your loss was especially difficult, if Denise can have patience and understanding, you will soon be stronger than before. Just keep us posted as to how you are doing and we will continue to walk along together. Take good care of yourself Brother!

I know you are just friends, I thought he was referring to his girlfriend and that her name was Wendy too, I don't see her name anywhere in the post.

Thanks for clarifying!

Hi Kay! good to hear from you too, well I did forget to mention her name oops. Well, its been challenging to accommodate her with sensitivity, she did finally ask a week ago things about her, she seems to feel more comfortable now, I had to tread lightly and slowly show her shes the "woman" now in my life, more importantly she needed the assurance I could love her as much on her own special way. Perhaps it was my thinking love is the same for each person but as we grow I learned her quirks, personality and stuff like that needs individual personal attentiveness just as she is. funny, she is like a Wendy though :) Of course she had given me alot of input in this too!!

Well, :blush: I wish I had a picture of you blushing, you inspired me to settle for nothing less and showed me such friendship I have not known such in my life before I came to meet you.

Love ya,

William

William,

You are sensitive and caring and as such, you should do just fine with Denise...you've already figured it out, she just needs to know she is valued for HER, with you. :) Isn't this the most wonderful group! It's like we ARE a family, and when one of us is "absent" for a while, we MISS them and wonder about them. Drop in and say hello on us now and then!

Love,

KayC

Thanks Guys,its not always simple in a new relationship, especially with mental illness, sometimes I just want to go back to being single :mellow: Being here is like a second home, just confusing this life isnt it?