Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A Year Of Anniversaries Of Deaths

Guest Shannon

I first joined this forum about a year ago. I had lost many people in my life in a short period of time. I was just a mess... But then I started feeling better.

Now I find myself back here because it is all coming back to me. I am not sure why but I am again finding myself feeling all most as bad as I did last year. sad.gif

I cry constanty again. I am very tired, I don't want to clean or do yardwork or cook, etc....all the things I normally love to do. I have lost interest in everything.

I know this past year has been a year full of anniversaries of people I have lost, but is this really normal now even after I was doing better??? I don't understand.

Has anyone else experience such delayed grief?

Oh my dear Shannon, you are so NOT alone in what you are experiencing at this point in your grief journey.

As an example, try going back to our main page that lists all the forums here. Click on the Loss of a Parent forum, then scroll down the list of Topic Titles until you come to the topic entitled It's One Year Today (dated 9th August 2004, posted by sshort), and read that series of posts.

I hope, too, that some of our other visitors will share with you what they've done or plan to do as they cope with the aftershocks so commonly associated with anniversary dates.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T

Marty,

Thank you so much. I not only read it, but also copied it to a page to print out. I think I am going to hang it on my frig to remind myself and the people around me that I am not crazy (that was my favorite one)!!!!

And thank you for responding. It does help to know that I'm not alone in this. And I do hope others will share their experiences as well.