Grief Healing Discussion Groups

23 Months Tomorow.question?

hEllow my far away friends.Thank you for beeing here for me all this long time of 23 months.Thank you Marty for your sopport and advise .Reading your answers is always a relief.I feel stuck and hurt and as time goes by the feeling of lonlynes begomes stronger and I just can understand the meening and inportance of my other half.I feel half a person without my Yiany .HE was my other half my everything the center and my reason for living.Trying to get some help and after trying differend counceling I went back to the one Iv started with.Iv been with him more time and maybe he understands my suffering.He sugested anew therapy its called E M D R .I could not realy understand what is the way it works.Does any of you know or heard about?That is my question.I need your support for tomorow facing another difficult day.I wish you were all closer to give me a hug.Love from far away TENY

My dear Teny,

I’m so pleased to learn that you decided to return to the therapist with whom you feel more comfortable and better understood, and I think his suggestion to try EMDR is a wonderful idea!

EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is simply a biofeedback technique in which the eyes quickly go back and forth. The theory behind this approach is based on the observation that during rapid-eye-movement (REM) sleep, the brain is able to make associations and process information more quickly than during normal waking hours. Imitating REMs in the waking hours is believed to activate the same sort of speedy processing and associative leaps that were previously only attainable during dream states. Many scientifically controlled studies support the effectiveness of EMDR, not only in the treatment of PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), but also in the treatment of grief.

You can read more about EMDR here:

A Brief Description of EMDR

When you see your therapist tomorrow, Teny, I hope you will feel our arms wrapped around you, embracing you in huge, warm hugs. Know too that you carry with you always our strongest encouragement and support.

Hi Teny, I pray for things to get better for you very soon. I can not help you with your questions about EMDR, but it sounds like your therapist will be asking you to pretend to be asleep and dreaming. It sounds like it could be very restful. I have been reading a little about hypnosis lately, maybe you could ask him if he thinks that would be of any help to you. I just wanted to reply so I could send you a great big hug ((( :wub: ))). Take good care of yourself, my not so far away friend.

Teny,

I don't know anything about it, but it's worth a try. I'm glad you are back with your old therapist. I wish you luck with your therapy!

KayC

(((Teny))),

There's a virtual hug for you. I wish you lived closer too so that I could take you with me to the grief support group I attend. It has helped so much just like coming to this grief support group. I will be thinking of you and praying that the new therapy will be just what you need. I'm so sorry you are having such lonliness. I'm praying for you.

Sherry

Hello Teny, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wish for you a day with some peace. I also feel like my grief has not changed much and am still trying to find a way to go on. I hope you will get some relief from this new therapy. I will have to read Marty's post and see what its about. This site has been a wonderful support to me during the last almost three yrs. We all are here for you. I hope that makes you feel alittle less lonely. Deborah