Grief Healing Discussion Groups

5 Top Things

Kay what a great topic to get us all opening up ! Lets see as far as 5 things I loved most about Steve, I couldn't keep it to 5 so lets just say I loved everything about him ,he was a wonderful man and a great father who is not only deeply missed by me but all who knew him. As far as what he loved about me? Lets give it a try.

1) I am not a moody woman ( can be emotional though )

2) I will put my loved ones first before myself

3) He loved that I never made him give up anything for me, I

even bought him his motorcyle which he loved dearly

4) He loved my devotion to my family

5) He loved that I am a very open and honest person

Gosh that was kinda hard...almost as hard as having my picture taken...

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Wendy,

This is much harder for me, too, but this is my "quick" list...

1.) I think he appreciated my deep faith. It gave me strength, which he admired.

2.) I was totally supportive to him at all times...When he had to go on a special diet, I did too. We lost 120 pounds together during his involvement in a study on diabetes and weight loss. When his integrity was compromised at work, I worked two jobs so he could walk off his.

3.) Bob loved that I could sew anything. I got mad when he didn't buy a pair of pants that he wanted, because they were too long. I was always hemming or cross stitching while he did the crossword puzzles. (He hated the little thread scaps all over the house, but he loved that we could be in the same room while doing our projects.)

4.) I brought him into a family of huggers. He caught on quick.

5.) He loved being with me. We did everything together and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't let him take himself too seriously. I brought him an artists view, beyond the obvious. Together, we looked for light.

Five top things:

1. His sense of humor, he always had the ability to make me laugh

2. His knowledge: he was one of the smartest and motivated people I knew, and he instilled many of his values for education and work ethic in me.

3. His love for me: he cared very deeply for me and expressed it often.

4. His confidence

5. He found a friend or something good in everyone, including all the quirks I had.

I miss him dearly...

Kay, thanks so much for this thread. Today's the one year anniversary of Bill's death, and even though writing about what I loved most in him reminds me of how much I've lost, it also makes me grateful that for awhile, I had this very special guy in my life.

1. HBill adored me and believed in me completely, and held back nothing. Every day he’d tell me how much he loved me and what I meant to him, praise my accomplishments and encourage me not to give up if I was struggling with anything.

2. He had the sweetest smile, and flashed it often. He was almost always happy; he looked for and tried to bring out the best in me and those around him. I never heard him gossip or say anything bad about anyone he knew (even when they didn’t treat him well).

3. He didn’t care about money and power, or worry about what other people thought of him. He believed that being kind and considerate and doing good for others were the most important things in life, and he lived those beliefs.

4. He loved animals intensely, treated them gently, and cared for our pets as if they were our kids.

5. He made fun and adventure out of even routine tasks like cleaning house or going grocery shopping by adding goofy songs and comments as a “soundtrack.” He also loved to tease, and his eyes twinkled with mischief when he was putting someone (usually, me) on.

(I will love you forever, my Bee.)