Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Music

Chai

Dear Ones ~

This one brings me to my knees. Sung by Josh Groban, it's the theme song from the movie, Troy. Click on the title to listen / watch on YouTube:

Remember Me

Remember, I will still be here

As long as you hold me

In your memory

Remember, when your dreams have ended

Time can be transcended

Just remember me

I am the one star

That keeps shining so brightly

It is the last light

To fade into the rising sun

I’m with you

Whenever you tell my story

For I am all I’ve done

As long as you hold me

In your memory

Remember me

I am that warm voice

In the cold wind that whispers

And if you listen

You’ll hear me call across the sky

As long as I can still reach out

And touch you

Then I will never die

Remember, I’ll never leave you

If you will only

Remember me

As long as you hold me

In your memory

Remember, when your dreams have ended

Time can be transcended

I live forever

Remember me

Remember me

Remember me

© Jr Motion Pictures Music Co.

Music from the motion picture Troy

Sung by Josh Groban with Tanja Tzarovska

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless your heart for checking, Shelley, and thank you for letting me know! I've found some other versions of the song on YouTube ~ Since this is one of your picks, is there one particular version that you like better than another?

This one features Art Garfunkel (without Paul Simon): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFEnoITiWE

and this one features Clay Aiken's rendition:

Hi Marty T,

Thanks for giving me a choice it means alot..My mom loved Art Garfunkel.. So If I could I would love to have that copy put on the list... Thanks so very much... As I listened today I had some tears but not sad ones, I used the song to remember some special memories of my parents today... Thanks again Shelley

Hi All,

Thanks Marty, and everyone else who has added a special song of rememberance, I go to this site and listen when I have a few minutes to reflect on memories of my dear parents the songs add just the touch needed to allow me to drift a few minutes into some awesome memories of them... Than it is back to work and the day continues....

(((MartyT))), thank you so much for that music page, it is wonderful to go there and see that list of songs. I can't wait to hear each and every one of them! It is amazing to see how music touches so many hearts.

(((mlg))), that song "Heaven Needed a Hero"...wow. I loved it.

Thank you all for sharing. :)

There are so many great songs on this thread, that I find myself listening and re-listening; I guess the hunt for new songs is temporarily paused for me, as I continue to go through that great list Marty compiled for us. :)

I'm so pleased to learn that you're all using our new Grief Songs page ~ it truly is a wonderful mix of all those beautiful songs and videos we have recommended to one another ~ something for every taste ~ and I think it's a lovely reflection of what makes our GH family so special. If you've not yet visited this page, please do so ~ and I hope you'll think of it as one of our precious gifts to each other, and now to the rest of the world:

Grief Songs: Music for the Grieving Heart

This song isn't on our Grief Songs page, but it certainly is one that moved me to tears. Go to this Web site, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the "play" link after the song entitled Live for Me.

Here are the lyrics to the song:

Live for Me

If I could, I would tell you that I love you,

And that I chose to spend the time I had with you.

If I could, I would tell you that you are not to blame –

For all was written in the stars, so long ago…

If I could I would tell you that I love you,

And just how much our time together meant to me -

How I remember every kiss, and the loving arms that held me

I’d beg of you, please don’t forget to live!

LIVE FOR ME! Don’t take a moment for granted –

Every breath you take and every friend you make is a precious, precious gift -

LIVE FOR ME! Open up your heart and let the people that surround you

Help you love again -- LOVE and LIVE for me!!!

And I remember every precious moment shared –

I would ask you to release, any pain that still remains

And fill your heart with peace and love for you and me

I would hold your hand and tell you that I’m fine.

‘Cause here I play with the angels, and I even dance with God

And the love and light I feel is all I need!

LIVE FOR ME! Don’t take a moment for granted –

Every breath you take and every friend you make is a precious, precious gift -

LIVE FOR ME! Open up your heart and let the people that surround you

Help you love again -- LOVE and LIVE for me!!!

Forgive yourself and love yourself and

Love all those around you --- in memory of me –

LIVE FOR ME! Your life is a gift of mine as much as it is yours –

So please, please, LIVE and LOVE for Me!

Guest moparlicious

Thanks Marty,

those are truly wonderful songs. At Dan's memorial we played 2 of the songs in which you have posted. The song by Brad Paisley is a tribute from our son to his dad. Our daughter dedicated the song by Avril I miss You. Our song was When I see You Smile and our oldest daughter choose Just Dance By Leeann Rimes. A Cd of these and one song choosen by members of the HOV family would be really awesome. Proceeds from Cd could be distribted throughout the HOV inpatient sites, for they do so much for families. I know for 2 to 3 months I lived there day and night, our kids came and went and visted and Dan went in peace. We met so many compassionate people and the most caring wonderful chaplain in the world. Thanks Marty. Love, Kim

hello. This is my first post on this site. Just joined a few days ago. I went to this site and was very moved by many beautiful songs that were posted. So moved that I spent the next 3 hours crying. My mother died 7 weeks ago, December 2 and I think I am finally past the numb stage and into the reality of it. She was only 62. I am glad to have found this site. My mothers favorite song was "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang. I know that it is very different than the other songs posted here, especially since most of us are far from a celebration right now, but it does make me remember all the great times I had with her. Recently I was at a football game and the halftime show included "Celebration". I knew my mom was with me and I found myself crying and smiling at the same time. The power of music is amazing.

kate

Marty,

I tried to attach "Homesick" by Mercy Me to my comment on Grief Songs. It didn't work. I am obviously not as computer savvy as I like to imagine :blush: Can you help?

Kath

Marty,

oh my gosh, thank you for posting that song "Live For Me." It had me using up a bunch of my Kleenex stash in one go! But, I really love it. I really think that song is comforting, and encouraging, and healing. It makes me more determined to keep on, keep on, even though it's hard.

I am going to have to come back to that song over and over. Wow.

When we were on our honeymoon it was so cold in Florida, we ended up going to see a movie. Well, the movie was LOVE STORY and needless to say, it wasn't something you want to see on your honeymoon. Little did I know that it would come full circle and I would end up experiencing my own LOVE STORY. I always loved this song from that movie. :(

Thanks Marty T,

Thank you for giving us the page as well as the lyrics to the song you posted what a beautiful song it is... I use the page everyday as a memory and it allows me to let my mind wonder just enough and than I can go back to work a little more peaceful... Thanks again Shelley

Chai,

I'm neither a composer nor a poet, but I do love to make music at my piano, and have since I was five years old.

For 57 years, playing the piano has brought me back to my center through all sorts of turmoil--good and bad. (Isn't it interesting how the passage of time can change the verdict on what ultimately is "bad" and what ultimately is "good"?

Right now I'm hard at work on Alberto Ginastera's "Dance of the Fugitive Cowboy," a journey of wild desperation and energy that ends in descending major chords and a double glissando. A Very Exciting Work in which the hombre excapes! :rolleyes:

So pull out your stringed lyre or Indian flute, etc. and create your own music!

Karen MH