Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Holidays, Etc. Deepen The Grief

Hi all,

Ooops, I'm feeling sorry for myself again. Today is my birthday. I did have a few friends call and a friend took me out to lunch. But it just isn't the same. I'm so sad tonight and crying like a baby. I miss my husband sooooo much.

My husband always brought me a dozen red roses on my birthday. We usually stayed home because the weather this time of year was so bad. But he always made it a special time together. It just seems like holidays, birthdays, etc. make the grieving so much worse. I just can't stand this life without him. I had it so good and now he's gone. I should be doing better...actually I thought I had but the holidays have caused me to regress back into the intense crying.

I'm ashamed that I feel sorry for myself. I was so blessed to have had such a wonderful relationship.

But tonight I feel bad...I'll do better tomorrow...and even better after the holidays.

Thanks for listening.

Pat

Pat, I just want you to know that I read your post, and it's certainly understandable that you're feeling sorry for yourself tonight. I want to wish you a Happy Birthday anyway, and when you go to bed tonight, I wish you pleasant dreams of Walter, and roses on your pillow :wub:

Hi Pat, let me wish you a Happy Birthday! I know its hard without him on your birthday. I'm glad you have the good memories. The holidays are pretty tough from those of us who have lost the one we love. Your not feeling sorry for yourself, you are grieving and thats okay. Take care of yourself and pace yourself through this holiday. I wish for you some peace on this birthday and the upcoming holiday. Deborah

Hi....

It's sure a hard time of the year and your birthday, too. As they say it will pass, but we just have to go with it. You've made it this far....it'll be fine...we're with you. I am sorry it hurts so much but just know IT WILL BE BETTER IN TIME. Just do what you've been doing so far.....add a few things here and there....stay in good company, eat well, sleep, whatever it is you need to do. Just try to stay healthy. Please take care.

Your friend, Karen :mellow:

Pat, I wish I could send you a dozen roses! Happy Birthday! Know that your friends here are thinking of you, I know it's hard, I'm feeling blue too and crying, you aren't alone. I wish we could all turn back the clock, we'd be so happy. I have no idea what this "emotion" but I just have to use it, maybe it'll make you smile! :ph34r:

Love,

KayC

I'm sorry you are having such a bad night. The holidays are hitting me pretty hard, too - this is my first Christmas without my wife. I am going to wish you a happy birthday anyway, Pat, and also wish you better days in the weeks ahead.

Happy Birthday, Pat!

Mike

Awww Mike, thank you for your birthday wish! Your wife looked like such a dear, sweet lady. I'm so sorry for your loss.

It is tough on holidays. I have a book called, "A Decembered Grief, Living with Loss While Others are Celebrating" by Harold Ivan Smith. I should get it out and read it.

Take care,

Pat

Guest Vickie O'Neil

Happy Birthday PattyAnn,

Here are my bouquets, a Dozen Red Roses, a Dozen Lilac,,,for the Saggittarius, & another Dozen Yellow for your Brave Heart!

Warn Hugs from Arizona, & Happy Birthday, Honey.

Vickie O'Neil

Patty,

I guess Sherry is a little more computer literate than I am. I had tried to send you roses too but they wouldn't paste. I don't know why I didn't think I couldn't send a Happy Birthday without them . I had a really bad day yesterday and guess my brain just wasn't connecting. I do hope you had as good a day as you could and that there were some happy moments.