Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Logging In And Logging In And Logging In.... ?

leeann

I am having terrible trouble posting on this board. On each page (or Forum and sometimes more than once on a forum...) it seems I have to "Log In" again and again.. even though I am clicking the "Remember Me" box EACH time.

Any help would be appreciated.

leeann

Leeann, I am by no means an expert in the technical stuff, but I think your problem may have to do with cookies (the text files that Web sites store on your computer to identify you when you come back to them). You might try clearing your cache (the place where Internet Explorer saves copies of Web pages that you've accessed, to make things faster if you look at the same page again). If you use Vista, you clear it by starting Internet Explorer, then clicking on Tools, then Internet Options, then choosing the appropriate button under the General tab. I'm not sure how it works in XP, but I imagine the process is similar. Another thing I always try when things stop working properly is to re-boot the computer ~ oftentimes that helps to clear out pesky problems like this. Let us know if any of these approaches works for you.

I don't know but I still end up logging in alot here. I have deleted cookies in my browser as well as using the delete cookies tab here on the site. Either the "remember me" thing times out too quickly or something else is out of whack... any other ideas??

leeann

Hi,

My name is Shari. I'm not real computer literate and am having a hard time just talking with people who have lost a loved one. I'm so empty and sad and am not into seeing psychologists, et cetera. I would rather speak with people who have experienced what I have. Is this the right place to do that?

The people who are here will tell you it's the right place, but there are some who don't feel it's for them.

It has been my salvation but each person is different. Some stay a little while where there are others who have been here a long time. I don't know who you've lost and sometimes you will fit in to more than one forum. Just look around and see what you feel comfortable with. Sometimes you'll get in to something in a forum you've never been in before and can learn something or be of some help to someone else.

One thing I know a lot of us feel though is we get sad and it sometimes brings us down for a while when someone new joins because we know what they are going through. So you have to be able to take some of the sad things along with the help. You don't have to post every time you come and a lot of people go back and look at old posts for help. There is a search at the top or you can post and we'll try to help you find it.

Hope you will find some help here

Welcome Sly Sorry you had to find us.. but I'm so glad you did.

Yes you are in the right place. Can I ask your most recent loss? That way I can point you toward one of the forums that specifically deals with that particular type of loss.

MLG there was so right... this site has helped me so many times too. I know I have probably kept my sanity because of this place.

And she is also right when she said sometimes it just helps to read on all of the forums.

Here is a list of all of the Forums here:

Just click right here>> http://hovforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=idx

Yes, for sure, feel free to let us know who you lost and how you are doing.

And don't worry about the computer part.. amongst us all... we'll help you figure it out.

leeann