Grief Healing Discussion Groups

2 Years Ago

2 years ago today.... I found my Mom dead.

The only person who remembered was my sis. We got to chat for a few minutes which was good.

But it kinda bothered me a little bit that no one else remembered. But I know hub's busy at work.. and my friends are busy too...everyone's lives are so busy.

I was afraid to say anything to the kids in case they were feeling ok and I didn't want to upset them by reminding them.

I know I have made some progress.. but probably not as fast as I would have liked... In many ways I'm feeling it badly still. No not as terribly as those first days.. but for me I think it has more to do with the fact that Mom passed after Dad. And when she did, it was like the "real" end of everything from my past. They were such a huge part of our lives. And Mom went everywhere with us after Dad passed. We saw them and her later on ... almost every weekend. They left a huge hole for me... and I guess it is gonna take longer than I expected to try to fill it. Yet I know.. I never really will fill it all up.. and that's probably as it should be.

But today I couldn't help but feel.. "I should be" further along or feeling better by now.. but maybe.. this is just how it is gonna be... period.

leeann

Leeann,

I understand your post. My mom died 2 years ago in Dec. and no-one remembered. I too, didn't want to say anything to my kids. I think you said itp perfectly, "this is just how its going to be". I know I have made progress, I am living my life and have great joy in my life. BUT, there are still very sad and painful times in each and everyday. Just wanted to tell you I understand.

Hi Leeann,

I am sorry no one else remembered your special Mother. I am not going to say I understand because I do not.

I do feel your pain however. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this day. You are were you are

suppose to be at this moment in time.

Keep the Faith

Jackie