Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Communication

Chai

Hi all

I am new to the group, and found you all in a search on grieving for a lost parent. My father died unexpectedly 2 weeks ago, and I'm searching for others who have gone through the grieving process to help me through. I'm finding this forum to be VERY helpful. This is my first post, and I've found it to be good reading and good thinking.

I wanted to add my comment about finding the right people to help you through.....one of my best friends just lost her father about a month ago. I sent her a card that said, "Even though I don't know what you're going through......." The day after I mailed it, I knew. I have yet to contact her....she, in fact, is the only one of my closest friends that doesn't know yet....because it's just too soon for me to have to do that. But I so desperately want and need to tell her! I got a thank you note from her yesterday, and imagine I will write her a long letter tonight...I think I would rather break the news to her that way rather than a phone call or email. And in thinking the way I do (everything happens for a reason), I know that this is a perfect example of divine timing. She and I will be able to lean on each other, despite our 600 mile difference in space.

So, thank you to all of you for sharing your experiences, thoughts, feelings...I'm sure I'll be doing more of the same.

(((HUGS)))

• 3 weeks later...

Towee,

I am glad to hear that this website is helping you. Please keep reading and posting, we are all here for each other, and it really helps to know that at least people on this site, we can understand each other.

I am of the inclination to agree with you about divine timing. I hope that your letter writing to your friend went well and you wre able to contact her. She sounds like an invaluable person to talk to during this struggle of grief. I am sorry about the loss of your father.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. :)

(((HUGS)))