Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Quit

Patti, I'm not sure what "plea" you're asking me to post. Can you explain?

Marty,

The concept is simple, the more that each of us on this site have the opportunity to give back to either family, friends, or community, the more it makes the pain goes away,,,the more that we each realize that we on this site because we are the care givers, the ones who lead the family, the ones who love, the more that we get happiness from those we touch and help.

As we embrace our seasons of pain and best of all healing, we share, we care, and how many can learn from our journey? I have learned from my family that they were there for me as I went into the pain for so long and learned to deal with the pain and have come out as a healer of others in pain,,,,you have no idea how far the arms reach!

As we spread the word that the simple concept of pay it forward we help those on the site, ourselves, our families, and most importantly those we have never met but bare our souls to.....

So the cause is simple, embrace others as you would want to be embraced yourself...reach out to one person in your family, friend, community that how you can make a difference in their lives....a hug, a smile, an ear to listen, a new friend to share and care...

What do you think? We as a team are now feeding 300 families in Atlanta and the pain is going away...

Blessings to the team.

Patti

I'm glad you find this so helpful for you Patti. But I gotta say I'm not sure this works for everyone in the deep valleys of grief.

Sure helping others always takes me out of myself. But it's all a balance for me.

I watch myself really carefully for a balance. Because I know I could get so wrapped up in helping others that I forget to help myself or work on my grief.

And right now I'm feeling about all "given out" so I'm being rather careful about what I sign up for as far as helping others goes. But that's me. Willingly admitting I'm a bit compassion fatigued here.

But I think the idea is wonderful as long as things are in a healthy balance for each of us, ya know?

leeann

Leanne,

You have been my best friend thru the pain of losing my dad and I thank you for all the great insites that you have given. I agree with you that we all find our own balance and way to cope with the pain. While I cried out to Jesus to take away the pain of helping the entire family and taking care of each one of their concerns, I learned a very important lesson. When we are chosen to be the healers of faith and family, we feel all the pain of grief and we bear the brunt of many.

While we learn to endure our ability to love grows by leaps and bounds. Yes, it is painful to give when we want to be given, it is our hearts that need to share with others...

I know that what you say is true about feeling worn out by giving and that this idea is not for everyone,,,,but just as a thought. Do on to others as you would have done to you....as we each reach out for love and support as the care givers, give back to those who we have yet to meet and embrace them as we wish to be embraced ourselves.

Blessings to you and yours, may the Lord hold you and keep you safe within in his arms.

Hugs

Patti