Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Bogey's New Life

STARKISS

Hi All,

As some of you know that we got a new dog after Bailey died but after a year and a half together his owners have given him up to another family... I believe in my heart it will be better for Bogey but I have fallen in love with him and now have to give him up and have yet another loss... The family really did not care about him but I certainly did so eventhough I will love him and miss him forever it will be the best for him... I love you Bogey and will always remember you tearfully Shelley

Shelley, dear, I'm so sorry that you've had to relinquish yet another furry friend. I can see that you're trying very hard to look at this from Bogey's perspective, in that your sister's family has decided to do what is best for all concerned. Still, I know it must be very hard for you to let him go. A long time ago, my parents had to give our Boxer dog Sukie away to another family, and at the time I thought my heart would break in two. That happened over a half-century ago, and I still remember the pain of it all. You are in my thoughts tonight, Shelley. :(

Hi All,

I am here the first real morning without Bogey and everyone seems to be okay but me.. I feel like I lost my best friend, even the kids are not really saying much or acting differently much... I think I am honestly losing my mind am I the only one who cared about this beautiful dog..... Anyway there is talk about getting another Lab but my sister is not getting involved with that because she did not want to give up on Bogey but once her husband decided he did not care who he hurt along the way... Truthfully I think we should just live without a dog because what happens to the next one if he just gets tired of it... Thanks for listening Shelley

Hi Marty,

Thank you so much again for your words and kindness, I really appreciate it since I think I am going insane...I mean I am thinking I was the only one who loved that beautiful dog but since have learn that my sister did not want to give up on Bogey either but Jamie just gets his own way all the time so how can I we say much right... Shelley

Hi All,

I do not know why but today I am really sad and miss Bogey alot... I am in the house for the first time all by myself and it is so very weird not to have Bogey there with me... I miss you Bogey and hope that you are having fun with your new family... Tearfully Shelley