Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I think so, Marty, because I sat in the car on the side of the road asking God to send me some help. I was so scared I would pass out and no one would find me. 30 miles getting to Taos on that road is about 45 minutes or so. Those people could've easily when I refused to go to the hospital just left me there or take me back to the little small town to try to find a room.

I guess I'm going to have to get my map out because I had no idea you had to go clear to Vegas.

Are you going to be able to go out on the bridge? I'm concerned about you and the altitude thing.

Maybe once your there for a while and get hydrated you will regain your equilibrium.

Please be careful and I'm sure there was an angel watching out for you today.

Now are you starting right back?

Mel.. Glad you are there finally!

Being somewhat familiar with parts of NM, I was wondering if you had thought of the altitude.. but I figured you had that covered once I saw how well travelled you were from your blog.

It sneaks up on you .. that's for sure.

I remember stepping out of Albuquerque airport one time years ago and saying to my husband... as I got woozy walking to the rental car... "I know I'm inhaling...but there is like ...NO air here... I think." Like we had landed on the moon. LOL

It took me a couple days to get used to it. So go easy there and take your time.

But yes... you were covered alright..... by those "Angels". Good on them and now you have reached your goal and are safe & sound.

Congratulations Mel!

Now we'll be with you as you complete your mission... our arms are around ya ((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

leeann

I am in Southeastern NM at my brother's-in-law house. I was going to take off tomorrow for home, but I'm just too depressed. What's there for me? So I'm going to wait until next Sat. It'll be different than the trip here because I had a goal. Now, I'm just aimless, but I know I have to get home and look for work. I suppose I'll just exist and survive. Today makes five months that I lost the love of my life. I'm here in his home town, and I just keep looking for him. His brother and I have spent the week - some in tears - with long conversations. We just hurt.

Not Coping,

Of course it hurts, and five months is a hard time, time enough for shock to wear off and the reality is hard. I hope you can enjoy some time with his family before you head back. We're all thinking of you...

I am so glad you finally posted again. I was beginning to get worried that something else had happened to you. Since you really don't have anything to go home for and you have your dog with you I am glad you are staying with your brother in law for a while. Just take care when you leave next Sat.

Notcoping - - You have just accomplished a very big milestone. I believe that all of us are very proud of you.

I know exactly what you mean when you question what you are going "home" for. I feel that I don't really belong enywhere without Stephen and just feel so completely lost. I made an offer on a new, smaller house on Thursday and I withdrew the offer today. I just could not bear the thought of packing up and giving away so many things that we got together. My brother and sister-in-law really believe that I should move to Ft. Worth to be near my husband's family, but that seems such an enormous task. Ft. Worth seems so alien to me, but I just don't want to disappoint his family. His brother has spent all his free time trying to find me a place that I will like. I just don't have the heart to tell him that I don't think I can move there, especially because I believe that he feels that I am his responsibility because I am his brother's widow. But, I absolutely cannot make a decision. One day I think I know what I want to do, then the next day I change my mind. I do know that I have to move somewhere because I cannot afford to stay here much longer.

I am not working either and that gives us a lot of alone time and time to think about what life was like "before." I actually like to be alone and feel that when someone calls or comes over to see how I am, that it is an intrusion. I sincerely hope that you can find a job that will not only help you with finances, but will give you something new to focus on.

Once again, congratulations on your courage and fortitude.

Kathy

For me, it's been a lot of trial and error. We try to make right decisions, but sometimes it's so hard to get clear direction. I recently finished a course in "Knowing God's will for your life" by Andy Stanley. It was good and it helped, but there's so many times when after narrowing everything down, you still don't know which choice to make. I think in those times, it's not a matter of right or wrong decisions, but rather one of preference. Right now what Kathy has for clues are that she needs someplace more affordable, and if she goes to be near her husband's family, she will have help, but she will also be starting over someplace new and she doesn't want to feel like a burden to them. Those are the things she has to work with as clues in making such a huge decision. I don't know if a job is a factor, or if there are kids somewhere, but those also could be brought into play. Kathy, what it seems to boil down to is what YOU are comfortable with, what is your gut instinct telling you? If you want to stay where you are but can't afford where you are living, sell it and get something smaller or consider getting a roommate. If you want to be with his family, move there, but don't go against what you think is right for you. Timing is sometimes one of the key factors too...it might be time for one thing now, and something else later. I'll pray for you to know what is the best thing for you to do.

Love,

Kay

It's also wise to make decisions that can be reversed if you decide later that you need to change your mind: rent before you buy; visit a place or stay with someone for a month or two to see if you're comfortable there before you make a permanent move, etc.

Notcoping, I am really really glad you are with his brother. I know what you mean about looking for him. I cannot yet go back to Cliff's hometown again because I also start looking for him, then I panic and then all his friends have to deal with the aftermath. It's good to talk. I know you hurt. Do you think it's harder at four or five months, because I think I do. I'm not sure.

Give Rascal a huge hug for me. Thank god for dogs. My Fred and Barney sleep with me now :blush:

Please drive home very carefully. I tend to think of Cliff as "home" but I also think of our house as home because of memories and all the stuff he did to the house. Do you need to get back to work ... or could you stay where you are a little longer?

xx

Gatorman, you may like to look at this book. I REALLY identified with it:

http://browseinside.harpercollins.com/inde...3=9780060969745

Kathy

I do understand how difficult it is to move on. I wish that there was a text book that we could follow. I have the damndest time trying out how to do it. Please let me know your progress.

Yours,

Gatorman